Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Walked out and quit my job today (1 Viewer)

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
I’ve done that once, granted it was a job in highschool, but I quit on the spot. They wouldn’t let me leave in the middle of my shift to go to a concert. A little different than what you have going on, but fuck both places equally.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
I’ve never been so fed up that I just quit a job on the spot but I did that today. Pretty crazy stuff. My coworkers were such fuck wads that I couldn’t take another minute, and I’m a pretty easy going person.
Has anyone done this and feels my pain?
Sorry to hear G-Dawg. Give us more details. What is/was the story. Entertain us......

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
How @HuskerGarrett next job interview will go:

Interviewer:
Can you describe your greatest strengths?
HG: Making fire edits

Interviewer: Tell us about your greatest accomplishment at your last job.
HG: I was the best employee at the company by far even though I spent my entire day running a message board instead of doing my job.

Interviewer: Would you describe yourself as a self-starter?
HG: Yes. I self-started the best gawd damn Husker message board from scratch and within 3 weeks, was putting out a better product than Rivals and 247 sports combined.

Interviewer: How will you boost employee morale?
HG: I don’t really know but whenever I introduce a new reaction on TPB such as the “sad boner” or the “Deab,” the morale of the message board goes up. Also, fireworks after wins and snowflakes just for the hell of it. It’s distracting but it keeps morale high.

Interviewer: Can you describe your greatest weakness?
HG: Butthole pics.

Interviewer: You’re hired. When can you start?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve never been so fed up that I just quit a job on the spot but I did that today. Pretty crazy stuff. My coworkers were such fuck wads that I couldn’t take another minute, and I’m a pretty easy going person.
Did you start managing people or something for the 1st time ever? Almost sounds that way.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did the same thing a little more than two months ago, worked for the company almost twenty eight years.
I'd like to hear more on this. That's walking out on a CAREER after 28 years.

FWIW, I retired at 54 with a somewhat similar "I'm outta here" moment. It was in yet another "pipeline review" meeting with the idjut masquerading as a new, new leader when I had the epiphany. I looked at him and said, "I've just arrived at the intersection of two lines: The first line is the "I've had enough" line, and the second line is looking at my portfolio and it's the "I have enough" line. How would you like this to end - with a ramp down period for deals I have in play and appropriate messaging to my long-time clients, or with me simply walking out the door?" Faggit took the ramp down period. Zero regrets about doing this 8 years later.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is how i envision Garrett walking out yesterday:
21WX.gif

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did this at the exact same time of year in 2018. Took 2 weeks off for my two weeks notice. Shut my phone off and had the month of December to myself before starting a new gig in January.

Best time of the year to do it imo as long as you’re not poor.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd like to hear more on this. That's walking out on a CAREER after 28 years.

FWIW, I retired at 54 with a somewhat similar "I'm outta here" moment. It was in yet another "pipeline review" meeting with the idjut masquerading as a new, new leader when I had the epiphany. I looked at him and said, "I've just arrived at the intersection of two lines: The first line is the "I've had enough" line, and the second line is looking at my portfolio and it's the "I have enough" line. How would you like this to end - with a ramp down period for deals I have in play and appropriate messaging to my long-time clients, or with me simply walking out the door?" Faggit took the ramp down period. Zero regrets about doing this 8 years later.
Congrats on your immeasurable wealth

sexmonster

Linebacker
Remember quitting a restaurant gig during college because I had NU/USC tickets in '07. Anyway, turns out we lost pretty badly. Yeeep....

Also walked off while I was surveying and laying out a 5 wing old folks home. We had this fvckin piece of shit foreman who'd yell all day and a total narcissist. Everyone else's fault. ✌️

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I started at Amazon right out of college and it was probably the worst experience of my life...I hated my boss, my coworkers, the culture. About a year and a half in, I woke up one morning and decided that I was no longer an employee and straight up texted my boss "I resign effective today." He never text/called back haha. It was the most toxic work environment I've ever been in...was the best decision of my life. Moved into healthcare after that and have been in that field ever since.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
How @HuskerGarrett next job interview will go:

Interviewer:
Can you describe your greatest strengths?
HG: Making fire edits

Interviewer: Tell us about your greatest accomplishment at your last job.
HG: I was the best employee at the company by far even though I spent my entire day running a message board instead of doing my job.

Interviewer: Would you describe yourself as a self-starter?
HG: Yes. I self-started the best gawd damn Husker message board from scratch and within 3 weeks, was putting out a better product than Rivals and 247 sports combined.

Interviewer: How will you boost employee morale?
HG: I don’t really know but whenever I introduce a new reaction on TPB such as the “sad boner” or the “Deab,” the morale of the message board goes up. Also, fireworks after wins and snowflakes just for the hell of it. It’s distracting but it keeps morale high.

Interviewer: Can you describe your greatest weakness?
HG: Butthole pics.

Interviewer: You’re hired. When can you start?
I promise to say butthole pics when asked about my biggest weakness

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds