Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Athletic: Frost a candidate for UA job (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not surprisingly, The Athletic quotes "industry sources" saying Scott Frost is a candidate for the Arizona job. Mainly because he lives in AZ & has west coast ties I'd guess.

I'm more interested in the throwaway line they have in the Frost blurb saying he "has interviewed for jobs." Anybody know what jobs Frost has interviewed for post NU? I know he was rumored to be a candidate for the Cockeye OC but I don't think anyone ever confirmed that he interviewed. Anyone know? I honestly thought the guy was gonna sit at his AZ mansion for a couple years.

UA HC candidates they list:
Barry Odom
Brent Brennan
GJ Kinne
Jake Dickert
Jason Candle
Brennan Carroll
Will Stein
Bryan Harsin
Scott Frost (listed last)

IMG_0524.jpeg

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly they probably just threw Frost on that list to get clicks from Husker fans
Could be.

I'm convinced the only reason they included Frost is that he bought a mansion in AZ (so he already lives there). I gotta think if this was like NC State or Virginia or Georgia Tech they'd never mention Frost.

It's not like Frost has any ties to the state of Arizona that are football related. He just lives there now and his wife is from there. It's not like he's got a ton of HS contacts down there or has some connection to the state. Dude just took his giant NU buyout and bought a huge $5m house in Phoenix. That's it.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Aren’t they in the Big 12? Always thought Big 12 would be a great fit for him once he left UCF

HuskerMarine

Fully Husked
Elite Member
SF undoubtedly paid The Athletic to list him as a candidate.

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Skeptical cause I would think anyone with an OC opening that isn't a major program wouldn't hesitate to hire him.
I doubt he wants to get back into coaching so bad that he would take any job. And as much as I dislike the man as a HC, the way he was living clearly wasn't sustainable so I bet he's going to be pretty choosey

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I doubt he wants to get back into coaching so bad that he would take any job. And as much as I dislike the man as a HC, the way he was living clearly wasn't sustainable so I bet he's going to be pretty choosey
I was more implying that if he was looking into something and there was an OC opening, that not many would hesitate. I would be pretty surprised if any major program hires him for more than an OC job until he shows something for a year or two first.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d be very curious what “jobs he’s interviewed” for in the past as the article states.
Yeah, that part was more interesting to me than the UA "interest."

If Frost has actually done multiple interviews for either HC or OC, it's amazing that those didn't make anyones radar here. I had no idea he had a formal interview in 2023. Would love to know where.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds