Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Twitter/X Official "Let's all laugh at Deion/Colorado thread"

This guy has got to be the most pro-Nebraska pundit out there out of the national guys. Adam Breneman of Yahoo! Sports.

Disclaimer, he is a PSU guy so he's obviously a Rhule fan. But he predicted NU as a dark horse CFP team before the year.

Listen to his analysis of the NU CU game. Min 31:00. "If this Nebraska program gets going, watch out"

I have some concerns about 2025 based on how many Senior starters, but a lot of the young bucks are coming up and playing good minutes so I think we will be ok in the end.

I agree, as far as the D-Line goes. Van Poppel, Juedy, Lenhardt, Williams, Umanmielen (jack), Wallin are all getting a lot of experience now and should be ready to step in, plus Butler will be back. (Though I wonder if we'll be able to replace Nash's distruption in the middle).

But at OL, the backups don't get to play unless it's a blowout or injury. Hopefully we get a few more blowouts there to get the backups snaps. All of our backup OL are sophomores or younger, except for junior Lutovksy. Is Seagren going to be our LT next year? I know Teddy P. is eligble to come back, but I'm going to consider it a bonus if we ever get anything out of him.

This guy has got to be the most pro-Nebraska pundit out there out of the national guys. Adam Breneman of Yahoo! Sports.

Disclaimer, he is a PSU guy so he's obviously a Rhule fan. But he predicted NU as a dark horse CFP team before the year.

Listen to his analysis of the NU CU game. Min 31:00. "If this Nebraska program gets going, watch out"

WARNING: He compares us favorably to Cockeye. Brace yourself.

WARNING: He compares us favorably to Cockeye. Brace yourself.
He said we might have a top 1-2 defense in the country like Cockeye has had.

He stopped talking but the implication was they have a top 1-2 defense in the country PLUS Dylan Raiola and a running game and speed/skill at receiver.

He was implying that the defense is elite and unlike Cockeye, Nebraska has offensive weapons.

He said we might have a top 1-2 defense in the country like Cockeye has had.

He stopped talking but the implication was they have a top 1-2 defense in the country PLUS Dylan Raiola and a running game and speed/skill at receiver.

He was implying that the defense is elite and unlike Cockeye, Nebraska has offensive weapons.
Oh, I got the point he was making. Still, it's a little unnerving to hear somsone say we could be as good as Cockeye.

Great video for those who have been pumping this stuff into your veins.

Andy Staples and Ari Wasserman talk about NU's path to 7-0. Ari said he expects them to be 7-0, Staples thinks 6-1.

But they both talk about how the program has turned a corner and how great this is for CFB to have Nebraska back. Highly recommended watch.

I don't know about that. We start an awful lot of seniors, especially on the lines, not to mention two of our top three WRs. That's why I really look at this year as the year to shoot our shot, even with a freshman quarterback. We're never going to be this old and experienced on the line again (literally, because of COVID years). We are going to have to hope all our backups are ready to shine next year and probably do really well in the portal again, which if we finish well this year, we could very well do.

You've been burned because of how awful we've been at retaining highly rated guys in recent history. This is the level of maturity and experience that we should have had all along, but didn't. If Rhule can continue his trend of getting guys to actually stick around and develop to their potential, that might be more valuable than any recruiting win.

You've been burned because of how awful we've been at retaining highly rated guys in recent history. This is the level of maturity and experience that we should have had all along, but didn't. If Rhule can continue his trend of getting guys to actually stick around and develop to their potential, that might be more valuable than any recruiting win.
The coaches evaluation of some of those highly rated guys has been off as well. Can't think of to many that left and turned out good, 3 or 4 over the last 5 years maybe? Robinson, Hausmann, who else?

you know it’s kind of funny how most of the national stories coming out about the game are more about how bad Colorado looked than about how good Nebraska looked. Like another poster was talking about the hype train (not sure if that was this thread or the 40 other Colorado based threads on tPB lol) for Nebraska, for right now I’m ok with slowing the hype train a bit until after conference games start at the earliest. The second half showed we still have some work to do on offense regardless of the penalties that reduced the score. Pass protection against sCUm should have been a little better than it was and I think a couple more games it will be better. Our offense has the potential to be very good this year but I feel like they are still gelling yet and working on timing.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back