Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Parents Venting Thread

We’re trying to sleep train our 6 month old right now so I pretty much want to KMS. Always good to get into heated arguments with the wife about whether she should’ve put the pacifier back in his mouth for him just because he’s been screaming for 25 minutes straight.

We’re trying to sleep train our 6 month old right now so I pretty much want to KMS. Always good to get into heated arguments with the wife about whether she should’ve put the pacifier back in his mouth for him just because he’s been screaming for 25 minutes straight.
That's always a tough call.

She’s a woman with maternal instincts, whereas I know logically that he’s capable of doing it himself and needs to learn how to calm down on his own if I’m ever going to be able to sleep for 7 straight hours again in my life.
My 1st started sleeping through the night at like 5 weeks old. We thought we were champion parents and looked down on anyone that struggled.

2nd didn't sleep through the night for almost a year. Usually just that situation though. Pacifier would fall on the floor or 6 inches away from his face. Give it back to him and back to sleep.

She’s a woman with maternal instincts, whereas I know logically that he’s capable of doing it himself and needs to learn how to calm down on his own if I’m ever going to be able to sleep for 7 straight hours again in my life.
It sucks when you do it, but it's totally unsustainable to not do it, imo.

I've had those same arguments with my wife with our 3 kids, and will probably have the same ones with my last child. Drives me up the wall. Our 3-month old is essentially attached to the tit all night. Stick his ass in his bed...

My 7 year olds mouth struck again at his wrestling practice last night. The coach tells him “Flynn, you’re going to keep drilling this until you get it right and I’m not going to stop watching until you do.” Flynn: “You need to find a hobby”

The coach was crying laughing as he told him to start doing push-ups.

I wonder if his high school principal someday will let me set up my own desk in their office with all the damn time I’m going to spend in there.

My 7 year olds mouth struck again at his wrestling practice last night. The coach tells him “Flynn, you’re going to keep drilling this until you get it right and I’m not going to stop watching until you do.” Flynn: “You need to find a hobby”

I wonder if his high school principal someday will let me set up my own desk in their office with all the damn time I’m going to spend in there.
Maybe your kid will be a stand up comic?

That’s better than Daniel Tiger and that damn Blippi freak by a long shot!
I would rather watch Blippi than Adley. My kids have been on that kick for awhile. The other one they use to watch religiously was Peppa Pig which isn’t that bad.

Hahahaha

I would rather watch Blippi than Adley. My kids have been on that kick for awhile. The other one they use to watch religiously was Peppa Pig which isn’t that bad.
I’m not sure what Adley is but did you see where that Blippi freak used to make videos of him shitting on his friend?

I’m not sure what Adley is but did you see where that Blippi freak used to make videos of him shitting on his friend?
It proves America is a land of second chances. Don’t be a hater because some guy figured out dressing up like a dweeb and doing kids shows would bring him in 15-20k a day. He just had to find his niche to truly go viral.

tenor.gif

When they're done with anything (juice box, toy, gold fish bag, snack cup) and just drop it in place and walk away. "Who the fuck you think you are kid...?"

Do as I say, not as I do.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back