Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Parents Venting Thread

You're lucky in that respect that your son likes to do physical activities. It's like pulling teeth to get mine to go outside. He's not athletically gifted at all, but I've taught him all of the basics so he can run around with the kids in the neighborhood and not be the worst. He won't even go down the street and play a pick up game of football with the neighborhood kids. He'd rather bake stuff with his mom or create Dungeons & Dragons characters. Outside of getting him to sit down and play COD with me, it's a real struggle to find things to do together.
Condolences on having a gay.

You're lucky in that respect that your son likes to do physical activities. It's like pulling teeth to get mine to go outside. He's not athletically gifted at all, but I've taught him all of the basics so he can run around with the kids in the neighborhood and not be the worst. He won't even go down the street and play a pick up game of football with the neighborhood kids. He'd rather bake stuff with his mom or create Dungeons & Dragons characters. Outside of getting him to sit down and play COD with me, it's a real struggle to find things to do together.
One cool part about being a Dad is that we get to love them for who they are!

my oldest is 2.5y/o. he's in that stage and his tantrums are more frequent. just this morning at 530am he wakes up and we hear him on the monitor saying "I want daddy." I get out of bed and go to his room and immediately says "go away, i want mama." 😡😡😡

on weekday mornings we are always under the gun to get both kids dressed, fed and in the car to head to daycare by 745. of course the 2.5y/o doesn't want to go this morning and throws a 45min fit while we are trying to get him out the door. 😡😡😡

i love him more than anything, but some days i'm glad our skilled daycare pros get to deal with him for 8 hours while i grind it out at a job that i barely tolerate. living the life down here in the Big D.
My oldest sounds exactly the same as yours.

My 17 month old daughter went through a phase of throwing her entire plate of food on the floor routinely when she was “done”. That boiled my blood every time—think we remedied that, though.

I’m sure I’m in for far worse as time goes in and we add baby #2 in July, but to this point that is the worst. I’m also by far more patient than my wife so I’m sure her list is longer.
How did you "remedy" that??

My 13 year old constantly lies about everything (even the insignificant stuff). He basically been grounded from everything for the last couple of months. He is addicted to electronics. He's had them taken away for quite some time, but he'll sneak into the storage room or my office and take an extra cell phone that we haven't recycled and we'll catch him trying to play games or watch YouTube videos on it at night when he's supposed to be sleeping. I have to watch his Chromebook like a hawk because the kid is constantly downloading games onto it while he's at school and playing them during class. Last night, I find 10 of them on there (hadn't checked in a couple of day). I ask him why and he says that he doesn't know how they got on there. I politely remind him that this is his chromebook, that no one else uses it, and that there's no magic video game fairy that puts them on his chromebook. He doubles down and insists that he has no idea how they got there, even though his history shows that he's playing them. Kid just won't tell the truth, even when the proof is right in front of him.
My oldest step son was 9 when his mom and I first met, 10 1/2 when we got married and he lied about every single thing he could from the day I first met his mom. It was like a game to him. Like a competition to be won or lost. Early on I was the only one in the family that would hold his feet to the fire since he wasn't a very good liar.

Fast forward to now, he turned 40 this past summer and he still lies (or greatly exaggerates) on just about anything he thinks he can get away with. One difference now is that some family and/or friends will call Bullshit when he throws out an obvious lie or exaggeration. Even his gf doesn't take him serious half the time.

My oldest step son was 9 when his mom and I first met, 10 1/2 when we got married and he lied about every single thing he could from the day I first met his mom. It was like a game to him. Like a competition to be won or lost. Early on I was the only one in the family that would hold his feet to the fire since he wasn't a very good liar.

Fast forward to now, he turned 40 this past summer and he still lies (or greatly exaggerates) on just about anything he thinks he can get away with. One difference now is that some family and/or friends will call Bullshit when he throws out an obvious lie or exaggeration. Even his gf doesn't take him serious half the time.

That's my biggest worry for him. His biological father is a habitual liar. To the point where he'll tell you the sky is Green while looking at a Blue Sky. I don't want him to grow up to be like his biological father and I try to be honest with him and let him know that he's going to suffer having actual relationships (friends, girlfriend, etc...) if he continues to lie about everything. The kid has all of the potential in the world, but my greatest fear is that it will all be undone by his inability to be honest/take responsibility for his actions.

He's going to be in for quite the wake up call next year when he starts high school. The b.s. excuses won't fly with the teachers and he won't be able to skate by with just being smart, he's going to have to put in the work. If there was a Scared Straight Program where he could sit in front of prisoners that made bad decisions and they'd scare the crap out of him, I'd sign him up in a heartbeat.

In regards to the whole "gay" comment from Jim... He grew up with his Mom and 2 older sisters, so I have to remind myself of that all of the time when he's interested in baking or doing crafts. If anything, outside of that, he's just a big old nerd, which at the end of the day, I'm okay with, as it could be a lot worse. I just hope that he finds "his people" in High School. I don't care if he's part of a nerd clique, I just want him to have friends and things to do.

That's my biggest worry for him. His biological father is a habitual liar. To the point where he'll tell you the sky is Green while looking at a Blue Sky. I don't want him to grow up to be like his biological father and I try to be honest with him and let him know that he's going to suffer having actual relationships (friends, girlfriend, etc...) if he continues to lie about everything. The kid has all of the potential in the world, but my greatest fear is that it will all be undone by his inability to be honest/take responsibility for his actions.

He's going to be in for quite the wake up call next year when he starts high school. The b.s. excuses won't fly with the teachers and he won't be able to skate by with just being smart, he's going to have to put in the work. If there was a Scared Straight Program where he could sit in front of prisoners that made bad decisions and they'd scare the crap out of him, I'd sign him up in a heartbeat.

In regards to the whole "gay" comment from Jim... He grew up with his Mom and 2 older sisters, so I have to remind myself of that all of the time when he's interested in baking or doing crafts. If anything, outside of that, he's just a big old nerd, which at the end of the day, I'm okay with, as it could be a lot worse. I just hope that he finds "his people" in High School. I don't care if he's part of a nerd clique, I just want him to have friends and things to do.
This would accurately describe Mrs. Bomber's ex-husband as well.......sad for the kid(s).

This would accurately describe Mrs. Bomber's ex-husband as well.......sad for the kid(s).

I’m in the same boat as you guys with our 8 yr old. No shit, a HIGHLY decorated psychiatrist both military and civilian diagnosed her ex and wrote an affidavit to the court in his previous divorce describing him as having a severe narcissistic personality disorder and also directly compared him to a man whom he was on the case of in Florida that MURDERED his own family. Said other personality traits he had were just like that man.
Somehow he always wins in court. Always finds the most subjective professionals to fight for him. He’s a major piece of shit and literally should not be allowed in society. He has made our lives major hell and has our 8 yr old trying to lie all the time.

My 17 month old daughter went through a phase of throwing her entire plate of food on the floor routinely when she was “done”. That boiled my blood every time—think we remedied that, though.

I’m sure I’m in for far worse as time goes in and we add baby #2 in July, but to this point that is the worst. I’m also by far more patient than my wife so I’m sure her list is longer.

I read that as "17 year old daughter," and gasped when I got to the part about baby #2 on the way.

Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth. So it's pretty smart of you to skip all the work that went into making a plan.
Wife is making me join her in some "pre labor classes" over Zoom. I forget normal shit within 10 minutes most days. No shot I'll remember any of it on game day.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back