Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

tPB Parents Venting Thread

I picked my nearly 3yo up from daycare the other day and he wouldn’t say a word (very unlike him not to scream daddy and give me hugs). They said there was an incident where his lip was bleeding but were unsure what happened. My son who is fun, loving and loves to talk did not say 5 words to us from that point up until going to sleep at midnight. Wouldn’t eat, wouldn’t drink, wouldn’t talk, play, and just sat and stared all night. I was concerned and pissed at the same time. When he finally talked he said “Leah hit me with a baby” (doll I’m guessing). Well that little snot must have whacked him hard! I told him it’s okay to stand up for yourself if someone’s gonna be a little witch!! He throws some mean fists 😬

My 7 year old is getting too smart and approaching asshole status.

In the last week;

I’ve had to redistribute $17 to parents because my son started basically a gambling hustle betting kids he could read a page faster than them and he had the page memorized.

Yesterday he gets out of the car, rushes to clean his room, get his homework done and then start his 1 hour of video game time. I say “Chill man, why are you running around like a crazy man?” He says: “Your meeting with my teacher (parent teacher conferences) is at 5 and there’s a good chance I’ll be grounded after that so I’m just getting my video game time in early”

Earlier in the school yeah;

We had an incident where he put a bug in the teachers glass and when asked about it he said “I just put the bug on the edge of the cup, his bad balance caused the problem, maybe he had too many beers or something”

We also had a very long drawn out incident where he refused to participate in anything because he thought the teacher was calling on the girls more than the boys. I took away his TV, Tablet, his football, everything important to a 7 year old, he got a spanking, and still took 3 days to budge and participate in class.

This damn kid is so stubborn and headstrong he’s going to be the death of me.

His teacher is a good sport at least and said 99% of the time he’s great, but having him in her class has been “Quite the experience”

Last edited:
I know many on here are parents like me and, oftentimes, our children do ridiculous, asinine, and downright annoying things. Well, here’s your place to vent about those things.

Our youngest (son, almost 3yo) has really started to enter his tantrum phase over the past couple weeks. He’d obviously had some before but they are now getting to the stage where they’re more frequent. I can deal with the typical stuff pretty well (i.e. screaming, crying, throwing stuff). What grinds my gears the most is the game where he says he wants something so I offer to do it, then he says he doesn’t want it, and then when I don’t do it he gets mad and says he wants it again. Just tremendous fun all around.
my oldest is 2.5y/o. he's in that stage and his tantrums are more frequent. just this morning at 530am he wakes up and we hear him on the monitor saying "I want daddy." I get out of bed and go to his room and immediately says "go away, i want mama." 😡😡😡

on weekday mornings we are always under the gun to get both kids dressed, fed and in the car to head to daycare by 745. of course the 2.5y/o doesn't want to go this morning and throws a 45min fit while we are trying to get him out the door. 😡😡😡

i love him more than anything, but some days i'm glad our skilled daycare pros get to deal with him for 8 hours while i grind it out at a job that i barely tolerate. living the life down here in the Big D.

My 13 year old constantly lies about everything (even the insignificant stuff). He basically been grounded from everything for the last couple of months. He is addicted to electronics. He's had them taken away for quite some time, but he'll sneak into the storage room or my office and take an extra cell phone that we haven't recycled and we'll catch him trying to play games or watch YouTube videos on it at night when he's supposed to be sleeping. I have to watch his Chromebook like a hawk because the kid is constantly downloading games onto it while he's at school and playing them during class. Last night, I find 10 of them on there (hadn't checked in a couple of day). I ask him why and he says that he doesn't know how they got on there. I politely remind him that this is his chromebook, that no one else uses it, and that there's no magic video game fairy that puts them on his chromebook. He doubles down and insists that he has no idea how they got there, even though his history shows that he's playing them. Kid just won't tell the truth, even when the proof is right in front of him.

My 13 year old constantly lies about everything (even the insignificant stuff). He basically been grounded from everything for the last couple of months. He is addicted to electronics. He's had them taken away for quite some time, but he'll sneak into the storage room or my office and take an extra cell phone that we haven't recycled and we'll catch him trying to play games or watch YouTube videos on it at night when he's supposed to be sleeping. I have to watch his Chromebook like a hawk because the kid is constantly downloading games onto it while he's at school and playing them during class. Last night, I find 10 of them on there (hadn't checked in a couple of day). I ask him why and he says that he doesn't know how they got on there. I politely remind him that this is his chromebook, that no one else uses it, and that there's no magic video game fairy that puts them on his chromebook. He doubles down and insists that he has no idea how they got there, even though his history shows that he's playing them. Kid just won't tell the truth, even when the proof is right in front of him.
After going through this so often why did you “politely” remind him. Do you have a locking drawer for the extra phones? Is the chrome book a must for school? I don’t know shit about big city schools these days. My ole lady constantly pushes her phone and tablets on the 2 & 1 yo and it pisses me off to no end. I’m afraid I’ll be dealing with the same shit someday.

Last edited:
After going through this so often why did you “politely” remind him. Do you have a locking drawer for the extra phones? Is the chrome book a must for school? I don’t know shit about big Cory schools these days. My ole lady constantly pushes her phone and tablets on the 2 & 1 yo and it pisses me off to no end. I’m afraid I’ll be dealing with the same shit someday.

Yes, the extra phones are locked in the safe now. The chromebook is a must for school. I've gone down this road with the school counselor and their IT person, asking them if there's any way that we can lock it down completely. They inform me that it's locked down as best it can and that the teacher can monitor what they're doing, so they'll catch it. The teacher is busy enough with all of the students, I don't blame them for not catching him doing what he isn't supposed to be. I "politely" reminded him because he's not biologically mine (I married his mom 3 years ago) and mom has a very soft spot for him.

Electronics addiction is definitely a real thing with him. He has ADD and I think when my wife was a single mom, it was easier to sit him in front of a cell phone or a video game system at times. I have no doubt that is where it started.

Yes, the extra phones are locked in the safe now. The chromebook is a must for school. I've gone down this road with the school counselor and their IT person, asking them if there's any way that we can lock it down completely. They inform me that it's locked down as best it can and that the teacher can monitor what they're doing, so they'll catch it. The teacher is busy enough with all of the students, I don't blame them for not catching him doing what he isn't supposed to be. I "politely" reminded him because he's not biologically mine (I married his mom 3 years ago) and mom has a very soft spot for him.

Electronics addiction is definitely a real thing with him. He has ADD and I think when my wife was a single mom, it was easier to sit him in front of a cell phone or a video game system at times. I have no doubt that is where it started.
We may be on the same path. I have an 8 yr old (not biologically) that is believed to have ADD and his POS father if you can call him that refuses to allow him to go in for counseling or to be diagnosed officially. I can understand your frustrations with it though. I absolutely hate the electronics and when it’s this cold they sure as hell can’t go outside. We live in a rural community and thankfully can hunt, fish and go on adventures when the weather is right.

This is my 16 yo daughter. Girl lies about everything. Scares the hell out of me what's really going on.

After going through this so often why did you “politely” remind him. Do you have a locking drawer for the extra phones? Is the chrome book a must for school? I don’t know shit about big city schools these days. My ole lady constantly pushes her phone and tablets on the 2 & 1 yo and it pisses me off to no end. I’m afraid I’ll be dealing with the same shit someday.
If it makes you feel better my daughter didn't get hooked on electronics until she was 15. Son was the one on electronics a lot as a younger kid but have no issues with him now that he's 14. Bought an eero mesh and family link on Verizon so their stuff automatically goes off at night and I can disconnect them at any given time. Each one of their devices are named and grouped by kid.

Had to get to the point where if oldest is doing homework late I can turn back on but she's got to be where we can see her.

My boys (11, 9 & 6) have their moments but they are pretty good kids.

I married a woman with a degree in early childhood development and she made sure we were consistent with our threats of punishment (we spanked) when they acted up and so they turned out to be pretty good kids so far.

Crazy how all 3 boys are very different. But I like them.

If it makes you feel better my daughter didn't get hooked on electronics until she was 15. Son was the one on electronics a lot as a younger kid but have no issues with him now that he's 14. Bought an eero mesh and family link on Verizon so their stuff automatically goes off at night and I can disconnect them at any given time. Each one of their devices are named and grouped by kid.

Had to get to the point where if oldest is doing homework late I can turn back on but she's got to be where we can see her.
Sounds like the struggle is real these days. I know kids need to learn how to use electronics much more than when I was young but what’s the happy medium? I just pray they take after me and rather spend their time outdoors.

My boys (11, 9 & 6) have their moments but they are pretty good kids.

I married a woman with a degree in early childhood development and she made sure we were consistent with our threats of punishment (we spanked) when they acted up and so they turned out to be pretty good kids so far.

Crazy how all 3 boys are very different. But I like them.
It is funny. Would have said nurture before kids but after having kids nature is like 99%.

my oldest is 2.5y/o. he's in that stage and his tantrums are more frequent. just this morning at 530am he wakes up and we hear him on the monitor saying "I want daddy." I get out of bed and go to his room and immediately says "go away, i want mama." 😡😡😡

on weekday mornings we are always under the gun to get both kids dressed, fed and in the car to head to daycare by 745. of course the 2.5y/o doesn't want to go this morning and throws a 45min fit while we are trying to get him out the door. 😡😡😡

i love him more than anything, but some days i'm glad our skilled daycare pros get to deal with him for 8 hours while i grind it out at a job that i barely tolerate. living the life down here in the Big D.
This was 100% us this morning. This morning’s fit started bc he wanted to see 7:11 on our microwave clock (ever since he learned 7-11 is a store he thinks it’s fun when it’s that time) so we had his sister go brush teeth first. Then after that he was upset he didn’t get to brush teeth first and we were basically wrestling with him the rest of the way out the door to brush, get jacket/stuff on, and put him in the car.

I actually work in an elementary school doing behavior modification with kids, so the nuts and bolts of dealing with these things isn’t an issue for me. It is starting to get wearing having to deal with stuff more at home after dealing with it often with other kids during the day at work.

It is funny. Would have said nurture before kids but after having kids nature is like 99%.
Definitely spanked my oldest more than the other 2. Maybe I’m softer or maybe my oldest does a good job warning the younger ones. Generally now my raised voice is all that it takes.

My 6 year old daughter hits me.
Hits, kicks, shoves - all the things.
She doesn't get away with it either, but she just keeps doing it.
Something as simple as asking her to pick up her Zbar wrapper and put it in the trash.
Ugh.

We may be on the same path. I have an 8 yr old (not biologically) that is believed to have ADD and his POS father if you can call him that refuses to allow him to go in for counseling or to be diagnosed officially. I can understand your frustrations with it though. I absolutely hate the electronics and when it’s this cold they sure as hell can’t go outside. We live in a rural community and thankfully can hunt, fish and go on adventures when the weather is right.

You're lucky in that respect that your son likes to do physical activities. It's like pulling teeth to get mine to go outside. He's not athletically gifted at all, but I've taught him all of the basics so he can run around with the kids in the neighborhood and not be the worst. He won't even go down the street and play a pick up game of football with the neighborhood kids. He'd rather bake stuff with his mom or create Dungeons & Dragons characters. Outside of getting him to sit down and play COD with me, it's a real struggle to find things to do together.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back