Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The Michigan spy (5 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback
Michigan insiders pretty gloomy. From Chris Balas who writes for Michigan's Tater Island site:

New
Add bookmark

as we've said, in these kinds of cases, it's about stacking good days together. Today ... wasn't one of those. If Michigan doesn't act on Jim Harbaugh — and it hasn't yet, and as we've said the plan is for him to coach Saturday night — sources believe the Big Ten could levy an "indefinite suspension" as soon as Monday, after which Harbaugh's only recourse would be to file an injunction to keep coaching. If he gets the right judge, he could continue coaching for months as long as Michigan supports him.

We do believe President Santa Ono could support that, even with the new evidence emerging (which is likely to claim at least one more assistant coach at the end of the year). If anything else damaging comes out, though, they probably wouldn't have a choice. And again, the NCAA has just started its investigation. Again, as some present said, "if he didn't know, he should have." And the Big Ten came out swinging and didn't back down. They made some big threats. I think some are interested to see if they are ready to back those up.

As for analyst Connor Stalions — he has a lawyer. I don't think he'll be talking to anybody.

If Harbaugh is suspended or can't coach, offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore will probably be the guy. And if nothing further comes out implicating Moore, for example, that could be the case for the foreseeable future. Again — everyone (Big Ten, NCAA) just seems to want Harbaugh.

We'll have more tomorrow morning. And while we didn't ask, yes, we assume this means the contract extension will be put on hold. Sorry it wasn't a better evening ...

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

Supposedly the evidence goes beyond implicating just Stalions

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to be on the sidelines for U-M’s game with Purdue Saturday night, sources have told TheWolverine.com. But Big Ten Commissioner Tony Petitti met with Michigan President Santa Ono and the Michigan administration Friday and presented them with new evidence implicating more than analyst Connor Stalions in an alleged illegal on-site scouting operation that led to sign stealing. Stallions, who was on paid suspension, resigned.
RELATED: Michigan, media gathering evidence on private investigators and their links to OSU – more on Jim Harbaugh extension
The same sources tell TheWolverine.com Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel was not present at the meeting — only Ono, the Regents, and others in the administration. U-M is expected to continue to meet in the upcoming days to discuss options going forward. Any punishment levied would likely affect Harbaugh but not the team, the sources said. They are expected to be able to finish out the season.
“They do not want to harm the Michigan student-athletes,” our source indicated.
Michigan entered the meeting prepared to fight for Harbaugh based on the evidence the NCAA had presented, backing him and taking him at his word that he had no involvement and wasn’t aware of Stalions’ operation. He even issued a statement in October after the story broke that he had no knowledge. They continued work on a contract extension as late as today, with the lawyers continuing to work to finalize it.

“I want to make it clear that I, and my staff, will fully cooperate with the investigation into this matter,” Harbaugh said when the allegations surfaced. “I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment. I have no awareness of anyone on our staff having done that or having directed that action. I do not condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules.
“No matter what program or organization that I have led throughout my career, my instructions and awareness of how we scout opponents have always been firmly within the rules. Pursuant to NCAA rules, I will not be able to comment further while this investigation takes place.”
But Big Ten coaches and athletic directors both asked Petitti to intervene. He arranged a meeting in Ann Arbor at 2:00 Friday that lasted hours and gave new evidence of a plot “so extensive that someone should have known,” in the words of one source present. The NCAA is continuing its investigation, but the path forward for Michigan under Harbaugh is murky heading into Saturday’s game with Purdue.
Watch for more on this breaking news in the hours to come …

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I'm #TeamCoachJim because had they not cheated Corch Frost might still be stalking the sidelines in Lincoln
Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to be on the sidelines for U-M’s game with Purdue Saturday night, sources have told TheWolverine.com. But Big Ten Commissioner Tony Petitti met with Michigan President Santa Ono and the Michigan administration Friday and presented them with new evidence implicating more than analyst Connor Stalions in an alleged illegal on-site scouting operation that led to sign stealing. Stallions, who was on paid suspension, resigned.
RELATED: Michigan, media gathering evidence on private investigators and their links to OSU – more on Jim Harbaugh extension
The same sources tell TheWolverine.com Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel was not present at the meeting — only Ono, the Regents, and others in the administration. U-M is expected to continue to meet in the upcoming days to discuss options going forward. Any punishment levied would likely affect Harbaugh but not the team, the sources said. They are expected to be able to finish out the season.
“They do not want to harm the Michigan student-athletes,” our source indicated.
Michigan entered the meeting prepared to fight for Harbaugh based on the evidence the NCAA had presented, backing him and taking him at his word that he had no involvement and wasn’t aware of Stalions’ operation. He even issued a statement in October after the story broke that he had no knowledge. They continued work on a contract extension as late as today, with the lawyers continuing to work to finalize it.

“I want to make it clear that I, and my staff, will fully cooperate with the investigation into this matter,” Harbaugh said when the allegations surfaced. “I do not have any knowledge or information regarding the University of Michigan football program illegally stealing signals, nor have I directed any staff member or others to participate in an off-campus scouting assignment. I have no awareness of anyone on our staff having done that or having directed that action. I do not condone or tolerate anyone doing anything illegal or against NCAA rules.
“No matter what program or organization that I have led throughout my career, my instructions and awareness of how we scout opponents have always been firmly within the rules. Pursuant to NCAA rules, I will not be able to comment further while this investigation takes place.”
But Big Ten coaches and athletic directors both asked Petitti to intervene. He arranged a meeting in Ann Arbor at 2:00 Friday that lasted hours and gave new evidence of a plot “so extensive that someone should have known,” in the words of one source present. The NCAA is continuing its investigation, but the path forward for Michigan under Harbaugh is murky heading into Saturday’s game with Purdue.
Watch for more on this breaking news in the hours to come …
Fuck the “save the student athlete” bullshit. They fucking knew what was going on.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I don’t know if the video was posted with the Michigan coach trying to meet a 13 year old girl. Zach Smith posted it. It pretty much starts at the 30 min mark.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
So according to this, it is Ryan Days brother. He was with DEA. But holy shit what started it all was the pedophile on staff trying to hook up with a 13 yr old.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
So according to this, it is Ryan Days brother. He was with DEA. But holy shit what started it all was the pedophile on staff trying to hook up with a 13 yr old.
Smith says the Ryan Day’s brother stuff is bullshit. I don’t know. He also had a good Rhule speech on his show.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thanks I must have misunderstood what he said.
He thinks this coach going to meet a 13 year old girl got the FBI involved with Michigan. I don’t know what to think, but Harbaugh can’t be coming back.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
He thinks this coach going to meet a 13 year old girl got the FBI involved with Michigan. I don’t know what to think, but Harbaugh can’t be coming back.
That is exactly why the FBI got involved. I have a family member that is a recently retired FBI agent. She worked in crimes against children. This was something they would definitely pursue.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds