Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Texts from Waterboy re: ANALyst GATE (1 Viewer)

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
If we were to let Frost go (and we won’t bc of this), I honestly think we would regret it like 5 years from now when he’s coaching elsewhere and doing what we all hoped he’d do here. He’ll land on his feet somewhere as an OC and maybe get another shot at being a HC eventually. That said, if he can’t get it done, at some point you have to make a change.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
If we were to let Frost go (and we won’t bc of this), I honestly think we would regret it like 5 years from now when he’s coaching elsewhere and doing what we all hoped he’d do here. He’ll land on his feet somewhere as an OC and maybe get another shot at being a HC eventually. That said, if he can’t get it done, at some point you have to make a change.
Yeah I won't be surprised IF we have to part ways, if he goes on to have success somewhere else. To me, the UCF season was too good to be a straight up fluke, I think he has a very high ceiling. But SO FAR it seems like the NU job and all the context that comes with him being the coach here has just been too heavy of a burden for him. So he very well could collapse under it all at NU, then pop back up somewhere else where he's just some coach, and feel none of the pressures he feels here, and do totally fine.

Again, I am BADLY hoping things start building in year four (never thought I'd have to say that), I think it's by far the best thing for NU if Frost clears his head enough to work out here.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Yeah I won't be surprised IF we have to part ways, if he goes on to have success somewhere else. To me, the UCF season was too good to be a straight up fluke, I think he has a very high ceiling. But SO FAR it seems like the NU job and all the context that comes with him being the coach here has just been too heavy of a burden for him. So he very well could collapse under it all at NU, then pop back up somewhere else where he's just some coach, and feel none of the pressures he feels here, and do totally fine.

Again, I am BADLY hoping things start building in year four (never thought I'd have to say that), I think it's by far the best thing for NU if Frost clears his head enough to work out here.
Agreed. Hope that doesn't happen but it would fit our M.O. pretty well nowadays.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I really don’t care what he does after this and it won’t be in a successful role

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I for one am fuckin stoked for tomorrow Boner Paper given the last 24 hours

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Your hatred for Frost is bordering on wwstormking levels. Did he bang your mother and film it and force you to watch the tape?
I
Why are you so triggered by a man you don’t know? That’s not the temperament of a man who’s secure in his own skin or has a lot going for him.
You got a lot of problems inside your brain my friend

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
People keep saying this. And maybe some has been shared on here and maybe not......what are these things going on behind the scenes that makes Frost this incompetent football that hasn't existed any other stops?
I don't think anyone has used the word Incompetent. Where have you seen this?

I think there are many examples you can look at that throw up some form of Red Flag that there are issues with coaching or with how the program is run:
-3 losing seasons in a row
-3rd most penalized team in the B1G 2020 (9 Penalties the last game of 2020)
-tied for 122nd out of 127 teams for Turnover Margin in 2020
-Over the last 3 years our Special Teams were ranked almost dead last in Power5 Football
-Poor Clock Management at the end of games
-Over the last 3 years we have had one of the highest transfer rates of all Power5 programs
-inability to keep the higher rated recruits on campus
-not being consistent in the handling of players or playing favorites (i.e Mo Washington, Wandell Robinson, Greg Bell, Mike Williams......)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don't think anyone has used the word Incompetent. Where have you seen this?

I think there are many examples you can look at that throw up some form of Red Flag that there are issues with coaching or with how the program is run:
-3 losing seasons in a row
-3rd most penalized team in the B1G 2020 (9 Penalties the last game of 2020)
-tied for 122nd out of 127 teams for Turnover Margin in 2020
-Over the last 3 years our Special Teams were ranked almost dead last in Power5 Football
-Poor Clock Management at the end of games
-Over the last 3 years we have had one of the highest transfer rates of all Power5 programs
-inability to keep the higher rated recruits on campus
-not being consistent in the handling of players or playing favorites (i.e Mo Washington, Wandell Robinson, Greg Bell, Mike Williams......)
Sorry RSS uses the word incompetent a bunch. To the point where I feel like it’s almost not a word anymore

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Would not be surprised to seem SF go through the Saban coaching rehab program.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds