Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Waterboy - Dylan Raiola (1 Viewer)

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Waterboy ended up getting asked if he could help with the camp last night because they had had more kids show up than expected and another manager was sick.

He didn’t really tell me anything that hasn’t been reported on Riaola but I figured I’d post anyways since it’s another in-person observation. Here’s what he texted me:

“Dominic Rialoas son is already a MUCH better thrower than any QB we have. I thought a 35 yard deep ball from AM was a good throw, but he was launching it 40-50 yards with a perfect spiral and didn’t really miss any throws.”

“Seemed like a decent athlete, probably not as fast as our QB’s but just judging his throws, he would start this fall if he knew the offense.”

“Looked like some videos I have seen of Zach Wilson.”

“He hit it off with Frost and his dad talked a lot to Frost and Ruud. Verduzco talked to him a lot as well. The coaches gave him way more attention than any other recruit there.”

“There was one other QB that looked good but not nearly on the same level as Riaola. Coaches took them two and a few of the better receivers inside and I helped shag for them. Two of the receivers I thought looked good but don’t remember their names.”

“He (Riaola) hit some throws and Frost had this big grin on his face.”

“There was a taller receiver the other guys were saying was from Lincoln I thought looked good. Had dreads, don’t remember his name.” (I think he was referring to Ngoyi or Coleman, but not sure which one.)

Again, not sure if there was anything new there; HOL guys actually cover these camps pretty well, but thought I would share anyways.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I don't think he is upset - he is laughing at the ridiculous statement. I'm sure he is a great talent. But is he even 15?
Him having better arm talent than our current roster is not a ridiculous statement considering a lot of people expect him to be a 4/5 star recruit and arm talent is the biggest deficiency on our roster as far as QB’s go. The kid was throwing 40 yard strikes accurately or consistently. There isn’t a QB on our roster who can do that.

So yes, a 15 year old can throw better than all of our QB’s.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
UNNECESSARY GAYNESS
Him having better arm talent than our current roster is not a ridiculous statement considering a lot of people expect him to be a 4/5 star recruit and arm talent is the biggest deficiency on our roster as far as QB’s go. The kid was throwing 40 yard strikes accurately or consistently. There isn’t a QB on our roster who can do that.

Well at least he can in a controlled camp atmosphere vs HS dbs with no pass rush.

Kid may end up great but this type of hyperbole is what ends up having message board folks dogging a coach when the kid doesn’t start as a freshman somewhere.
3 years from now it will be “Coach (insert QB coach name) can’t even get this kid ready, he would’ve been a starter 2 years ago as a sophomore in high school.”

Nevermind that the reason the message board person thinks that is because he read it from a second hand account of a team manager on a message board and is now passing it along as fact.

The kid may have a great arm. In no way can you watch a 14/15 year old throw at a 1 day camp vs no rush and HS DBs and then assume he can start for a Big 10 team 3 months later.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Having a stronger arm than anyone on our roster and being the best quarterback are two very different statements. Throw God can throw the ball damn near a mile..but he is a shitty QB

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds