Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Story ideas for the Inside Nebraska staff to pursue? (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
i dont read a single fluff piece anymore. not that i want everything to be doom and gloom, but its all regurgitated garbae
Yeah it’s the same reason I almost never read recruit interviews anymore.

After reading 100s of them over the years I feel like I could pretty much write one without even talking to the kid.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
“Strange But True” stories about past players/coaches. I always love hearing about weird behind the scenes stuff that wasn’t widely known in the moment. I know you can’t just publish every hilariously insane Pelini story out there, but I bet there are a lot of good stories from the past that wouldn’t leave anyone in too bad of a light haha

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
What's up you (I assume) beautiful and wonderful people?

After the Feb. 1 signing day, daily news and topics about Nebraska football are gonna get a lot thinner (more thin?) until spring ball starts in mid-March. I just posted on our message board a "call for story ideas" and I wanted to do the same here. My staff and I already have a bunch of topics we want to pursue for long-form stories, human-interest features and columns. But I figured that there are things we haven't thought of that you guys and our subscribers would be interested in reading about.

So! ... What are some stories you think would be good for us to pursue? What are some topics you've been curious about or think would make for good feature stories? If you don't wanna reply here, my DMs and email are also open (insidenebraskarivals@gmail.com)
A5326760-E7A2-4B1B-A4D7-07F331468937.gif

Can you do a story on this fella’s “rise to power” and subsequent fall from grace?

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I would read a story about an average, turnover-prone QB that left our beloved Huskers, went to Manhattan, started pissing in a bunch of middle aged guys’ mouths, became a Heisman contender for an hour, got injured, became a backup, and likely fades into obscurity forever.
It practically writes itself, @Zack Carpenter

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I would read a story about an average, turnover-prone QB that left our beloved Huskers, went to Manhattan, started pissing in a bunch of middle aged guys’ mouths, became a Heisman contender for an hour, got injured, became a backup, and likely fades into obscurity forever.
It practically writes itself, @Zack Carpenter
Points if Zack includes a Big Tone quote in there.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
A more serious one would be to try and get an interview with Wilhite.

After listening to his segment about the Joe Burrow situation, it would be great to get some more insight from him. I would love to know a lot of the Bo recruiting stories, especially Bubba Starling, but I feel like there would be a lot of gold in hearing about how Bo recruited.

He also mentioned that he thought the “bag” was dropped for Lamar Jackson and that is the reason he never came here. More stories like that would be interesting, as well as if Nebraska (under any of the staffs he was a part of) ever did anything a little shady.

Also would be interesting to get his insight on the differences in the 3 coaching staffs he was under, and how his roles changed/what his actual role was. Also what he thinks of Rhule (even though he was let go) and the enormous support staff he is creating. Will this truly be helpful, and if so, why didn’t the previous staffs ever try this approach (did the higher powers not allow it, did the coaches not want it?)?

His thoughts on why each staff failed would be good info too. He seemed to infer that Bo’s unraveling was Perlman and Eichorst, which we basically have always assumed. But was there more to his failures? He mentioned that Bo did recruit, but our recruiting results later in his tenure would indicate otherwise, especially with basically not recruiting during the season. He also said that the assistants are the ones who recruit and the HC closes. Rhule seems to be throwing that idea on its head, so what does he think about that.

Finally, get his thoughts on why St. Louis has been so difficult for Nebraska to recruit. And in addition, where does he think Nebraska would have the most success recruiting and what our true sales pitch should be (what has been successful in the past that may work for the future). Rhule seems to be emphasizing the Northeast, Texas, and to a lesser degree the Southeast, while also keeping the 500 mile radius. We seem to be fine leaving the West coast, at least for now (maybe the additions of USC and UCLA will change that).

Wilhite just seems like he would have so much great insight to what went on in the program, but not sure if he would be willing to share much (his interview seems to show he is willing to talk though). Maybe if you had him sit down with Jay Foreman (I realize they played at different times, but both were Blackshirts and share a love of the program and played under Osborne) when you do those pieces, he may be more willing to offer some nuggets.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I also think you (@Zack Carpenter ) and another staff member taking a topic and writing a for/against article would be great.

For example, you write the case as to why Casey Thompson should start.

Steve writes the case for Jeff Sims.

Or even like "Nebraska should go to the Cockeye model of scheduling cupcake noncon". Someone for, someone against.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I also think you (@Zack Carpenter ) and another staff member taking a topic and writing a for/against article would be great.

For example, you write the case as to why Casey Thompson should start.

Steve writes the case for Jeff Sims.

Or even like "Nebraska should go to the Cockeye model of scheduling cupcake noncon". Someone for, someone against.
This would be good.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds