Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Story ideas for the Inside Nebraska staff to pursue? (1 Viewer)

Zack Carpenter

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
What's up you (I assume) beautiful and wonderful people?

After the Feb. 1 signing day, daily news and topics about Nebraska football are gonna get a lot thinner (more thin?) until spring ball starts in mid-March. I just posted on our message board a "call for story ideas" and I wanted to do the same here. My staff and I already have a bunch of topics we want to pursue for long-form stories, human-interest features and columns. But I figured that there are things we haven't thought of that you guys and our subscribers would be interested in reading about.

So! ... What are some stories you think would be good for us to pursue? What are some topics you've been curious about or think would make for good feature stories? If you don't wanna reply here, my DMs and email are also open (insidenebraskarivals@gmail.com)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Ed Foley seems like a walking human interest feature.

If the wife/kids of any of the coaches are comfortable chatting, those types of features usually bring out a lot of color & detail that makes for good reading & more personal connections with the staff.

I know I saw Bill O'Brien in a whole new light after the Hard Knocks season that gave a look into home life with his wife & special needs son.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I would like some behind the scenes stuff with all of this support staff that seems to be so active in recruiting an on social - and see some discussion of how that compares to how that stuff had been staffed before.

It seems like NU is more heavily invested in these off-field guys than in the past and it would be cool to get to know them better and see what the plan is compared to the past and compared to competition.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I'd like to hear about the new S&C coach and the changes he's implementing
Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've asked $Dean for this before but he ignored it every time. I think Husker Fans would love to know what former Husker Players are high school, JUCO or college coaches. Do a "Where are they Now" piece. I know if I lived in an area where a former Husker was coaching I might take interest in their program. The other part is hopefully articles like this would help repair some of the lost connections with these former players. And it would give those coaches an opportunity to get some exposure for any recruits they currently have on their team. Many have tried in the past to connect with Husker coaching staff's when they had potential recruits but were ignored. I remember Craig Roark having 2 4-Star players on his team he wanted the Huskers to recruit but he couldn't get Pelini to even contact him back.

I'd love to know what Craig Roark, Jarvis Redwine........... are doing in the coaching world.

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member
Do an investigative exposé on the Adam Carriker / Nfluence scam Nebraska Gameday Experience.

Many of us here and on your board lost $1000s on these packages and want our money back!

Not every story has to feel good
I was going to mention the same thing! This would be a great way to help some of your subscribers, we don't only support your site but obviously put money into the program by buying tickets, merchandise and feeding the Lincoln economy.

This would be much appreciated @Zack Carpenter !

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
On his headline show, Dean Callahan said Frost was wandering around Thailand. Then Dean started talking about trying to smuggle drugs and life in prison...is Dean losing his marbles or is Frost really “...wandering around dirt roads in Thailand?” If he is in Thailand wandering around on dirt roads like Dean said, how is the cell reception over there if Saban wants to talk to him?

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds