Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Story ideas for the Inside Nebraska staff to pursue? (1 Viewer)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
1. Maybe find out the truth about NIL and how much players are roughly making (maybe break it down into tiers i.e. Tier 1 $1M, Tier 2 $1M to $500K, and so on).

2. Recruiting stories from the in-state coaches about why certain players went out of state vice to Nebraska.

3. As mentioned above, stories about former Huskers who are now coaches such as Michael Rose Ivey and why they got into coaching and etc.

4. Maybe stories about the new support their staff that nobody ever talks about and what they do behind the scenes.

5. Diners and Dives reviews with Coach Foley

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did it years ago, but a look at how the recruits who visited and "got away" ended up doing in college. It's interesting to see if various coaching staffs were good at evaluating talent but bad at landing it or were just not recruiting guys who ended up being good college players anywhere

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've asked $Dean for this before but he ignored it every time. I think Husker Fans would love to know what former Husker Players are high school, JUCO or college coaches. Do a "Where are they Now" piece. I know if I lived in an area where a former Husker was coaching I might take interest in their program. The other part is hopefully articles like this would help repair some of the lost connections with these former players. And it would give those coaches an opportunity to get some exposure for any recruits they currently have on their team. Many have tried in the past to connect with Husker coaching staff's when they had potential recruits but were ignored. I remember Craig Roark having 2 4-Star players on his team he wanted the Huskers to recruit but he couldn't get Pelini to even contact him back.

I'd love to know what Craig Roark, Jarvis Redwine........... are doing in the coaching world.
Love this. Bobby Newcome would be one I'd read for sure. Michael Rose-Ivey (follows tpb btw). Almost endless amount of material here.

Another benefit to this would be @Zack Carpenter connecting with former Nebraska guys.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I've asked $Dean for this before but he ignored it every time. I think Husker Fans would love to know what former Husker Players are high school, JUCO or college coaches. Do a "Where are they Now" piece. I know if I lived in an area where a former Husker was coaching I might take interest in their program. The other part is hopefully articles like this would help repair some of the lost connections with these former players. And it would give those coaches an opportunity to get some exposure for any recruits they currently have on their team. Many have tried in the past to connect with Husker coaching staff's when they had potential recruits but were ignored. I remember Craig Roark having 2 4-Star players on his team he wanted the Huskers to recruit but he couldn't get Pelini to even contact him back.

I'd love to know what Craig Roark, Jarvis Redwine........... are doing in the coaching world.
I know where Chris Kelsay was a week ago….stood next to him in a gun store.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Feels like there's a "double deab" joke there.
Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds