Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Checking on my holdings today...

Im Out GIF

Fucking fed mins haha

I made some moves just before New Year that I really wish I'd made today instead... 😣

Edit: Well, one of the moves I made was to sell about half my shares in a fund that's down about 10% today, so that was alright. Just wish I'd held off on the corresponding buys I made after selling that.

@gents -- thoughts on RIVN? Dropped the past couple days(even down to 75.12 earlier) even more after some recent Amazon-Stellantis news, but I jumped on board today buying a good chunk and curious what you fellas think.

@gents -- thoughts on RIVN? Dropped the past couple days(even down to 75.12 earlier) even more after some recent Amazon-Stellantis news, but I jumped on board today buying a good chunk and curious what you fellas think.
Haven't heard of them before. Do they actually make cars or parts for ev's?

Mostly Trucks and an SUV. I had seen snippets of their prototype on gadget blogs, but their 1st legit exposure came on "The Long Way Up" show on Apple TV+. They literally installed rapid chargers so Ewan McGregor and his buddy Charlie could ride electric Harley's from the tip of South America to Los Angeles. Of course, the support vehicles were Rivian trucks (Serial #00000001 and #00000002). Pretty interesting show, IMO.

Mostly Trucks and an SUV. I had seen snippets of their prototype on gadget blogs, but their 1st legit exposure came on "The Long Way Up" show on Apple TV+. They literally installed rapid chargers so Ewan McGregor and his buddy Charlie could ride electric Harley's from the tip of South America to Los Angeles. Of course, the support vehicles were Rivian trucks (Serial #00000001 and #00000002). Pretty interesting show, IMO.

Supposed to have 100,000 delivery vehicles deployed with Amazon by 2030. Likely to have the first 10,000 or so on the road as early as 2022.

Buddy of mine is high on them so I joined in.

Supposed to have 100,000 delivery vehicles deployed with Amazon by 2030. Likely to have the first 10,000 or so on the road as early as 2022.

A tale told by many near-belly up corps over the past couple years tho.

This is another stock that drives people that care about fundamentals nuts...

Roughly same valuation as Ford and they might have a 10k sales next year.

Last edited:
Have a really hard time getting behind a company that ipo’ed larger than both Ford and GM and had only produced a couple hundred cars, personally. Obviously it’s come crashing back to earth, but still.

Fair points all around, gents. Haven’t contributed to this thread but watch frequently. Given they’re in bed with Amazon I figured I’d give it a whirl.

Fair points all around, gents. Haven’t contributed to this thread but watch frequently. Given they’re in bed with Amazon I figured I’d give it a whirl.
If you like it as a long term play, I would probably look at dollar cost averaging into it over time till you get your full position into it.

I imagine with rate increases coming it will be a very volatile stock.

If you like it as a long term play, I would probably look at dollar cost averaging into it over time till you get your full position into it.

I imagine with rate increases coming it will be a very volatile stock.
Yeah, just talked about easing in with my guy today. Definitely a long play.

Motor Trend just named the Rivian R1T their Truck of the Year. They acknowledged that it's expensive but really liked it, saying "It's not the Business Plan of the Year Award." Of course, the latter would be much more useful in knowing whether to invest in them...

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back