Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

That's interesting, and you may be right. This isn't to say I'm selling my Apple by any means but they're extremely lacking on the inovation front. I'm not sure they're doing anything to drive a surge in price, whereas, the reason NVDA surged today is bc of the Metaverse. I guess I could see Apple trying to play there hand there...
I just think apple is a great company and whenever I see a great company trade sideways for a period of time I just play the odds that a catalyst is due and a breakout.

fixing the supply chain and global warming with a totes new invention

On the seas… sails up…idk, some people call it sailing…

Well then,Jennifer - you stupid fucking twat - if OPEC won't increase production and you're sick and fucking tired of being at the mercy of this self-proclaimed oil cartel, perhaps you could restore some of our domestic production before the damned reserve tanks are completely fucking empty. Just an idea ...

Oh, that's right. I forgot. The shit show our nation is experiencing is DELIBERATE!

Starting to finally fire up the investment account, going to be investing $50-100 per paycheck. Looking for mostly long equity plays, anybody have stocks they like?

Starting to finally fire up the investment account, going to be investing $50-100 per paycheck. Looking for mostly long equity plays, anybody have stocks they like?
Without knowing your age or investment risk profile, I'll offer this investing advice: crypto. Dead serious.

We're about to enter the 3rd transformative phase of the crypto currency market. Very real money is about to be made here. Not in stupid dog-based meme coins, but in actual transactional, transformative infrastructure that changes the world. Did you know Ethereum process more transactions daily than Visa?

There are two pieces of advice regarding investing in crypto:

1) Never invest more than you can afford to lose in crypto
2) You should be investing as much as you can afford to lose in crypto

Good luck!

So NVDA and F

School Bus Train GIF

Also been trading GRWG as my pot play. Got in at 14, sold down to cost basis at 59 and then bought back in some 22. +13.68% today

Without knowing your age or investment risk profile, I'll offer this investing advice: crypto. Dead serious.

We're about to enter the 3rd transformative phase of the crypto currency market. Very real money is about to be made here. Not in stupid dog-based meme coins, but in actual transactional, transformative infrastructure that changes the world. Did you know Ethereum process more transactions daily than Visa?

Good luck!
So do you invest in something like Coin Base or direct or something like BITW?

Cryptos are something I am not as experienced in.

Good luck!
I haven't gotten into crypto yet but I'm thinking about starting to buy some ETH every month for awhile just to have a position.

On a sad note some guy who I thought was crazy was trying to get me to buy bitcoin back in 2012. He had the first bitcoin ATM in Lincoln. Kicking myself for not at least buying a $100 worth.

Good luck!

What are your thoughts on HBAR?

So NVDA and F

School Bus Train GIF

Also been trading GRWG as my pot play. Got in at 14, sold down to cost basis at 59 and then bought back in some 22. +13.68% today
My first investment was F last week lol, only a couple shares but it’s looking good so far. Also picked up a share of Best Buy, I worked there for almost 5 years and I feel like it’s going to keep climbing.

So do you invest in something like Coin Base or direct or something like BITW?

Cryptos are something I am not as experienced in.
There are a LOT of ways to have $ invested in crypto.
  1. You can own the coins themselves, in which case you'll need to establish a trading account on an exchange like Coinbase, Gemini, Kukoin, etc. This is no different than opening a new account at TDAmeritrade or E*TRADE. It's the most complex way to trade in crypto currencies, but you own the coins directly (or store them in a "wallet", either on the exchange or download them to a specialized USB storage device that you lock in the safe). You'll be able to dabble in ALL of the crypto currencies with this approach, but you may need to establish trading accounts on multiple exchanges to trade them all.
  2. You can own mining companies such as MARA (Marathon Digital) or RIOT (RIOT Blockchain) whose value is tied to the coins they "mine" by providing computing power to the blockchain infrastructure. These are both traded as equities on the stock exchanges themselves, and there are many publicly traded crypto mining companies out there. If you have a trading account at TDAmeritrade or E*TRADE, etc., you can purchase them the same way you'd purchase shares of any other publicly traded company. Full disclosure - I own both of those equities.
  3. You can own specialized funds that directly own and trade in crypto currencies. Again, These are traded as equities on the stock exchanges themselves. If you have a trading account at TDAmeritrade or E*TRADE, etc., you can purchase them the same way you'd purchase shares of any other publicly traded company. Grayscale is considered the leader in these type of publicly traded funds, but most of the large trading firms have launched their own in the last year or so. Full disclosure: I own shares of one of the Grayscale funds (GDLC).
  4. You can own shares of a company with exposure to or involvement in crypto currencies. Your example of CoinBase is a good one, but CoinBase itself it an exchange, so you're really buying shares of the exchange much like owning shares of CME (the Chicago Mercantile Exchange), who also has a presence in the crypto currency marketplace as CME enables crypto futures on their exchange. Other publicly traded companies who either own or are tied to crypto include Tesla, Overstock, Square, etc. There's a pretty large list of companies out there, but those are representative examples.
As always, do your own research and make choices that make sense for your level of risk tolerance. But don't forget to dream big.

What are your thoughts on HBAR?
I've owned it in the past (I don't currently own it), so I'm somewhat familiar with it. It's had a nice run in the last year or so (up 30%). As blockchain transactions scale dramatically (think parabolic over the next half decade or so), there will be a need for solutions like HBAR to scale lots of transactions at low fees. It's a good long-term play, but probably not a get-rich-quick overnight coin to hold.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back