Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Good article on Pi and what they are trying to do with it as a Crptocurrency.

Pi Article

If anyone is still interested in getting onboard...

I am sending you 1π! Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi(dot)com/jaihawk and use my username (jaihawk) as your invitation code.

Replace the (dot) with a .

What did I just get scammed into? 🙂 What do I do after I input the invitation code?

@Faux Sean Callahan not to be a paper hands bitch but I got a put order of all my Ford stock at 15.60, because I'm just a simple 308 boy and my brain likes a nice even $3 gain. (see: page 27 for your tip and my buy) blame my German blood for subconsciously being drawn to whole numbers and symmetry

if/when we get to 15.60.... gracias amigo
tenor.gif

So given Elon's history with timelines, I fully expect an IPO in 2027.
So true. But I'll tell ya - having Starlink high speed internet access EVERYWHERE is a game changer for a whole lotta humanity. From a selfish perspective, it also opens up a bunch of remote real estate for consideration as a "forever" home for me. Even in Scottsdale, there are a lot of acreages on the north side that you're lucky to get 10 mb internet service at. Most are "line of sight" broadcast internet and I've become spoiled with reliable, high speed internet and won't do without it. Game. Changer.

I got my eyes on constellation brand. It is a good pot play and is a good growing beer distributor.

Had gm but dumped it after covid and recovery started

I never thought I’d be posting in one of these threads, but here we are......

To start, I need to say that I’m an absolute noob when it comes to market investing. Like literally no experience at all. However, we are in a position currently where we have some money we’d like to find something to do more than accrue 0.05% interest in our money market account. My plan is to start by finding an index fund/ETF or two to invest in and then see where that takes me. Given all this, any advice anyone may have about the following would be appreciated:
  1. What online platform would you recommend for a beginning investor?
  2. What are some of the ETFs out there you like and why?
  3. Honestly.....just any helpful info/tips in general

To start, I need to say that I’m an absolute noob when it comes to market investing. Like literally no experience at all. However, we are in a position currently where we have some money we’d like to find something to do more than accrue 0.05% interest in our money market account. My plan is to start by finding an index fund/ETF or two to invest in and then see where that takes me. Given all this, any advice anyone may have about the following would be appreciated:
Here's my free advice: spend $200/year and subscribe to Motley Fool's "Stock Advisor" service. Even though one of the brothers recently retired, their picks have dramatically outperformed the S&P since their inception. More importantly, they'll teach you some fundamental long-term investing principles that will help you grow your wealth over time. No, they're not giving you today's "meme stock" buy and sell points. Their focus is on buying good companies and holding them for a minimum of 3-5 years, and in owning a "basket" of diversified equities that will help minimize risk. I cannot recommend them enough based on my personal history with them over the last 10+ years.

Again - their focus is on equity investing. If you're wanting a more comprehensive approach, find a fiduciary as a financial advisor. They can provide a set of options beyond equities that can include things like life insurance/annuities (part of a retirement strategy is cash generation, am I right @Elizabeth Reed?) and other instruments for growing wealth and generating cash.

Also, find out HOW your advisor get's paid. Is it "by the trade" or a "percent of account valuation". One will trigger lots of transactions/stock trades and the other is more interesting in increasing the size of the portfolio as a means of generating commissions ... and they're all going to want to generate commissions. Part of the reason I do my own equity investing. That and Ron Carson, Jr. cost me a boat load of $$$ when I chose to use his firm as my investment firm. He certainly did his job as my "broker", which is what he made me during my tenure under his firm's guidance.

Just dink and dunk into retirement.

Here's my free advice: spend $200/year and subscribe to Motley Fool's "Stock Advisor" service. Even though one of the brothers recently retired, their picks have dramatically outperformed the S&P since their inception. More importantly, they'll teach you some fundamental long-term investing principles that will help you grow your wealth over time. No, they're not giving you today's "meme stock" buy and sell points. Their focus is on buying good companies and holding them for a minimum of 3-5 years, and in owning a "basket" of diversified equities that will help minimize risk. I cannot recommend them enough based on my personal history with them over the last 10+ years.

Again - their focus is on equity investing. If you're wanting a more comprehensive approach, find a fiduciary as a financial advisor. They can provide a set of options beyond equities that can include things like life insurance/annuities (part of a retirement strategy is cash generation, am I right @Elizabeth Reed?) and other instruments for growing wealth and generating cash.

Also, find out HOW your advisor get's paid. Is it "by the trade" or a "percent of account valuation". One will trigger lots of transactions/stock trades and the other is more interesting in increasing the size of the portfolio as a means of generating commissions ... and they're all going to want to generate commissions. Part of the reason I do my own equity investing. That and Ron Carson, Jr. cost me a boat load of $$$ when I chose to use his firm as my investment firm. He certainly did his job as my "broker", which is what he made me during my tenure under his firm's guidance.
Interesting timing on this post. I recently passed my test to get my CPFA (Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor). Had to get this designation for when I'm working with my 401(k)/ Pension plans, to satisfy my broker-dealer.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back