Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

What's your guys thoughts on RETL?
Retail scares me. Given that there's a TON of stimulus $$$ out there, and according to this article it's NOT flowing into the equities market, it's got to go somewhere. Americans aren't savers, but brick and mortar retail scares the beJesus out of me. Add to that "reckoning" and then look at their holdings: they own a lotta Gamestop. That's been good (so far), but I'm uber-leery of where that asset is going.

9/30 or 12/31 PUTS have to be a consideration right?
RETL was up 5.07% today after I whipped out my micro-peen and pissed on it ITT. Sheeee-it.

Shorting it might not be a bad play, but does a guy short the summer doldrums ("Sell in May, don't come back until Labor Day", US Version) and risk getting whip sawed by an uptick in stimulus spending or do you take your shot in peak retail shopping season (before the earnings are announced in 1Q2022) and hope like hell that everyone does their Christmas shopping online again? Might need to ruminate on that conundrum for a spell.

Biden wants to raise the capital gains rate to 43.4%?

@Jim14510
I heard they were asking for 40% on dividends, too. They'd better triple my social security benefits if they want to kill everyone's retirement income. WHERE MY MONEY GO, BIDEN?

iu

I heard they were asking for 40% on dividends, too. They'd better triple my social security benefits if they want to kill everyone's retirement income. WHERE MY MONEY GO, BIDEN?

iu
Deadwood imo is HBOs most under appreciated shows.. back to finance: gold!?

Gtfo. Haven't seen that. Has to be income adjusted at least right?

That's where they love to get hazy... First it started as "Only those making $400k or more a year would be affected". Then it was, "uh... I mean families making $400k or more...". Soon it'll be half that.

Gtfo. Haven't seen that. Has to be income adjusted at least right?
President Joe Biden is expected to raise long-term capital-gains tax for the wealthiest Americans to 43.4%, including a surtax. That would be higher than the top federal tax rate on wage income.

I could see an increase to ~25% on the corporate side being beneficial. 28% is probably more distortionary than necessary given alternative revenue sources. I'm a pretty tax positive guy, but those Capital Gains figures are nonsense.
I agree with 25%. Also the dividend thing is based on long term capital gains being taxed at ordinary rates on income over 1 million. Ordinary rates at that level go back to 39.6%. Then add in the 3.8% additional Medicare tax that is already there. Thats where the 43.4% comes in.

Qualified dividends are taxed at long term capital gain rates so the above would be equivalent for qualified dividends.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back