Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Feel like SLA cutouts are going to absolutely maul them over the next 2 quarters either way...
I've been in cyber security and/or tech for a long time now and the only incident that compares is the "McAfee quarantined svchost" debacle that bricked a bunch of devices around 2010. RSA getting breached in 2011 was also pretty bad. In both cases the companies gave away a lot of free product to make amends and both took a huge step back in terms of their placement in the industry.

Crowdstrike had a great track record up until this point but the next year is going to be quite revealing on how they rebound.

the only incident that compares is the "McAfee quarantined svchost" debacle that bricked a bunch of devices around 2010.

And of course, the CTO of McAfee back then is the CEO of Crowdstrike today.

The actual bug in the app was a very basic error, the kind you're likely to make several times during your first C++ programming class. What's messed up is that it's the kind of error that should easily have been caught by automated testing before it was released.

Last edited:
Haven’t read prior messages for a while but I just was listening to a podcast that was talking about Frec.com. Basically you’re investing in the S&P but they use computer algos to harvest tax losses for you

Saw on Twitter that market is bad today and recession coming

What Happened Peytonlist GIF by Paramount+

Grandparent: "I'm going to sacrifice and live below my means my entire life so my grandchild never has to worry about money"

Grandchild: "I'm a math major who has never invested before but I've spent a lot of time on Reddit, I'm gonna put it all on Intel"

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF
See grandkid running small business into the ground fairly often. Those are the most frustrating to watch. Or sell it and blow the money.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back