Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Baseline effects will take us the rest of the way. Rents/rent equivalents over the next 3-4 months are gonna be pretty helpful for the Fed.
8wlfmp.gif

Their big selling point that their budget increase worked was they collected money from 1,600 people with more than 1 mil in income and 250k in tax debt. It only cost 8 billion per year. But they collected 1 billion! Lol

Their big selling point that their budget increase worked was they collected money from 1,600 people with more than 1 mil in income and 250k in tax debt. It only cost 8 billion per year. But they collected 1 billion! Lol
Classic government

This is just a single initiative. Looks like IRS CI enforcement alone increased from ~29 billion to ~37 billion in '23. That's only like half the total enforcement revenue too. IRS enforcement is one of the only efficient parts of the government, lol.

Reactions: Toe
This is just a single initiative. Looks like IRS CI enforcement alone increased from ~29 billion to ~37 billion in '23. That's only like half the total enforcement revenue too. IRS enforcement is one of the only efficient parts of the government, lol.
Fuck the IRS bingo. I hate them with all of my heart. Notices turned back on in 2023. They turned them off during covid. Also fuck the IRS.

Fuck the IRS bingo. I hate them with all of my heart. Notices turned back on in 2023. They turned them off during covid. Also fuck the IRS.
Sure, I don't know many who are big fans of the IRS...I'm just saying getting 6-7 dollars for every dollar you spend is premium plus. Also, I can't imagine the notices impacted the criminal investigation side of the things...

Reactions: Toe
Sure, I don't know many who are big fans of the IRS...I'm just saying getting 6-7 dollars for every dollar you spend is premium plus. Also, I can't imagine the notices impacted the criminal investigation side of the things...
It didn't. That was just a side note on collecting amounts due.

They don't get 6-7 for every additional dollar spent. Unless you give them credit beyond CI then it's 1/1. They're a necessary evil but they're still super inefficient to non govt standards. If your additional funds are 1/1 it's time to cut the funding back to a positive ratio. Especially in a market that is looking for workers. Be logically different if it was going the other way.

However, fuck the IRS so they should still cut back in that situation.

They don't get 6-7 for every additional dollar spent. Unless you give them credit beyond CI then it's 1/1. They're a necessary evil but they're still super inefficient to non govt standards. If your additional funds are 1/1 it's time to cut the funding back to a positive ratio. Especially in a market that is looking for workers. Be logically different if it was going the other way.

I think pretty much every industry would lose their minds at even 1:1 collection on bad debt expense lol

I think pretty much every industry would lose their minds at even 1:1 collection on bad debt expense lol
You think everyone would be thrilled to collect an amount equal to the amount they spent to collect it?

They could sell it for some percentage of the amount. Why wouldn't they just do that?

Eh, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers...IRS total budget is $14 billion. CI enforcement collections for '23 was double the whole IRS budget.

From the Budget in Brief:

"Enforcement In FY 2022, the IRS collected $72.4billion through enforcement programs, a return on investment (ROI) of about $6 to $1
compared to the IRS appropriated budget. This number is likely understated, since the ROI estimate does not include the
revenue effect of the indirect deterrence value of IRS enforcement programs"

"In FY 2023, the IRS collected $86 billion through enforcement programs, a return on investment (ROI) of about $7 to $1
compared to the IRS discretionary budget. This number is likely understated, since the ROI estimate does not include the
revenue effect of the indirect deterrence value of IRS enforcement programs to increase the amount of taxes paid voluntarily."

The CBO says the near historic range is $5-9 dollars. $1.5 billion budget increase and they rolled up $13.6 billion more in enforcement...

Last edited:
Eh, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers...IRS total budget is $14 billion. CI enforcement collections for '23 was double the whole IRS budget.

From the Budget in Brief:

"Enforcement In FY 2022, the IRS collected $72.4billion through enforcement programs, a return on investment (ROI) of about $6 to $1
compared to the IRS appropriated budget. This number is likely understated, since the ROI estimate does not include the
revenue effect of the indirect deterrence value of IRS enforcement programs"

"In FY 2023, the IRS collected $86 billion through enforcement programs, a return on investment (ROI) of about $7 to $1
compared to the IRS discretionary budget. This number is likely understated, since the ROI estimate does not include the
revenue effect of the indirect deterrence value of IRS enforcement programs to increase the amount of taxes paid voluntarily."

The CBO says the near historic range is $5-9 dollars. $1.5 billion budget increase and they rolled up $13.6 billion more in enforcement...

From you you nerd.

IRS CI enforcement alone increased from ~29 billion to ~37 billion in '23.
The 8 bil cost was just simple math of 80 bil over 10 years from the inflation reduction act.

From you you nerd.

The 8 bil cost was just simple math of 80 bil over 10 years from the inflation reduction act.
Lol, ok...using actual budget and counting non-criminal enforcement as well, and you're getting $6-7 dollars for every new enforcement dollar spend. Outside of R&D and seizing criminal's bitcoin wallets, there probably isn't a better revenue multiplier. I get the IRS hate, but tax enforcement is good, actually.

Lol, ok...using actual budget and counting non-criminal enforcement as well, and you're getting $6-7 dollars for every new enforcement dollar spend. Outside of R&D and seizing criminal's bitcoin wallets, there probably isn't a better revenue multiplier. I get the IRS hate, but tax enforcement is good, actually.
They're probably fudging the numbers.

you don’t think anyone would choose the optimal market structure? You serious Clark?
Well, given that a market in which no profit incentive exists likely has no firms or competition at all - it seems like talking about the efficiency of the market would be sort of silly.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back