Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

The health insurance is such an easy fix, but nobody wants to do it.
  1. Scrap Obamacare
  2. Allow companies to individually underwrite health insurance.
    1. Wouldn't it be nice to be rewarded for taking care of yourself?
    2. Wouldn't it be nice to be rewarded for not smoking?
    3. Wouldn't it be nice to be rewarded for not being a fat?
    4. It also gets the unhealthy people out of the risk pool. This creates competitive insurance policies.
  3. Add a % tax to the premiums paid. This goes to a guaranteed issue program for those with preexisting conditions. This does a handful of things...
    1. It makes it so health insurance companies don't want to have high priced insurance plans because they don't want the added expense.
      1. This is the exact opposite of what Obamacare does. Obamacare says insurance companies can only keep a % of premiums received.
        1. So the next question you have to ask is, how do you make more money if you are the insurance company? You charge more premiums.
      2. It also helps fund the high risk part of the population. Aka where all the expensive individuals are for an insurance company.
  4. Create price transparency for any prescription or non emergency procedure.
    1. Develop an app that shows the patient where the procedure can be done, how much, next available and maybe a quality grade.
      1. So you have a need for an MRI. You see hospital x, hospital y and imaging center z.
    2. For prescriptions have the doctor order it through a company like Good RX where it shows the cost of the drug through several pharmacies.
      1. I looked up Tamaflu for shits and giggles just to see what the cost would be. It was like $50 at Walgreens and $28 at Hy-Vee. Now that isn't going to make an individual rich, but that shit can add up.
  5. Make HSA's available for everybody. It is fucking retarded we don't do this. This is one of the best financial tools available today.
  6. You know more about pharmaceuticals, but from what I hear USA gets the worst price on most drugs.

Bottom line this would....
  1. Take care of people with preexisting conditions.
  2. It would promote the country to be healthy as you would actually have a reward if you take care of yourself.
  3. Create competition among the health providers rather than it being monopoly money when you get a procedure done.
  4. Promote lower premiums by the insurance providers

In order for Social Security to function how it was originally designed you would need to move full retirement age to about 73.
  • Life expectancy is 83 for an individual who is 65 right now.
  • When the program (SS) was originally started a 65 was living till about 75.

The problem with making it a 401k like deal is I am not sure if there would be enough supply to match the demand. I haven't looked at the numbers, but if you have every dollar made have % go to the market the stock supply would dry up really quick.

This is what I would like, but is what it is.
Why are HSAs only available for high deductible plans?

Ask your congressman...

They are meant to help pay for the higher deductible, but there isn't a reason why a regular health plan can have them iyam.
A couple people told me you use to be able to have a HSA with lower deductible plans before Obamacare. I didn’t know if they were full of shit or not. I max out a HSA every year, but it would be nice if i could do it with a better plan.

From the article I mentioned earlier: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/b...congress-will-react-11615978938?siteid=yhoof2

Now that the coronavirus relief package is actually law, it is onto infrastructure for the Biden administration and its razor-thin Democratic majority in Congress. But infrastructure legislation will come with strings attached — very hefty new taxes.

The White House will propose $1 trillion worth of new taxes, according to Sarah Bianchi, head of U.S. public policy and political strategy at Evercore ISI and the former director of economic and domestic policy for then Vice President Joe Biden.

Officials including Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen have started suggesting what will be in the White House plan. Bianchi says hiking the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%, establishing a global minimum tax and raising what’s called the global intangible low-taxed income rate to 21% will be in his plan. The plan will probably include nearly doubling capital-gains taxes on those with income over $1 million, and likely will include taxing unrealized gains at death, ending carried interest and raising the top individual income-tax rate.

Other possibilities include restoring the 2009 estate tax policies, limiting individual deductions, phasing out some business income deductions and establishing a financial transactions tax.
Bianchi says Congress isn’t likely to swallow the whole proposal — she suggests it will only agree to $500 billion of new taxes. For instance, Congress may agree to increase the corporate tax rate, but only to 25%. She says Congress will agree to end carried interest, and is likely to approve increasing the top individual rate of taxes, but won’t be as eager to increase capital-gains taxes. The global minimum tax that Yellen has floated also is considered unlikely to pass.
Wouldn’t that plan hurt the stock market growth wise?

Wouldn’t that plan hurt the stock market growth wise?
If they passed a corporate tax increase like that it would cause a nice correction.

Bottom line is stocks trade off of earnings. You so something that impacts earnings that is going to impact the price.

If they passed a corporate tax increase like that it would cause a nice correction.

Bottom line is stocks trade off of earnings. You so something that impacts earnings that is going to impact the price.
There definitely are a lot of over valued stocks. Do you see a correction coming regardless?

tenor.gif

This is pretty painful but I think by the end of the year, pretty much everything will be positive. The economic growth and earnings we are about to see are about to be off the charts.

This is pretty painful but I think by the end of the year, pretty much everything will be positive. The economic growth and earnings we are about to see are about to be off the charts.
The thing I wonder is that already priced into the market?

I had a post a while back that I showed some of my favorite reopen trades that were already + their previous highs despite not having any earnings.

The industrials are already running as hot as ever. I mean look at CATs, NUEs & DEs charts. Seems like they already have an infrastructure bill priced in.

The thing I wonder is that already priced into the market?

I had a post a while back that I showed some of my favorite reopen trades that were already + their previous highs despite not having any earnings.

The industrials are already running as hot as ever. I mean look at CATs, NUEs & DEs charts. Seems like they already have an infrastructure bill priced in.
PMI is still well below 50 for a lot of Europe and Asia. The top 10 stocks in the S&P have a P/E of about 30.4x right now, while the remainder is about 19.6x. They also make up about 28% of the S&P. So I do think there's certain areas of the market that are expensive and already priced in. That being said, I've been hearing a lot of S&P 4,200 year end, which seems about right with earnings predictions.

I also think people are going to spend money like crazy once things really reopen (especially travel) and if GDP comes in at like 7% as predicted, I don't see how things don't go up substantially.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back