Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

She's a cunt.
d&d nerd GIF

Thoughts and opinions on these indicators? 21972.jpegcape.jpgsaupload_History-of-asset-bubbles-40-years.png

Attachments

• 850080_15517369042618_rId4.png
    850080_15517369042618_rId4.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 2
Well I mean you look at the economy right now.....
  • Travel is a fraction of what it was
  • Leisure is slowly opening up
  • Then there is a supply shortage. Semiconductors, wood, etc...
I am sure there is more that I am not remembering, but I think you get the point. We are basically above pre pandemic levels without large chunks of our economy working right.

We need to get a snap back from the GDP to right the equation.

It isn't uncommon to see us have higher P/E ratios coming into a recovery period after a recession, but if we have some hiccups in recovery it will spark some volatility and panic selling.

I know the Willshire to GDP ratio is Buffetts favorite and has been very good, but we have never had an event like this. With spending like this by Govt. The leading indicator was also wrong through all of Trump's time in office.

I keep thinking there is too many things being juggled in this economy.
  • Inflation
  • Debt
  • Interest rates
  • Poor P/E Ratios
  • Nut in the white house.
  • Tax increase coming
What happens if one of those gets out of control? What if this infrastructure bill blows? Etc...

Cramer mentioned today that.....

We have basically a stock glut. We had the most IPO's since 2000. That doesn't mention the SPAC Craze that is going on. Now you have secondary offerings from companies that have run up that need more $$. Also, with the run of so many IPO's last year having insider selling locks expiring. They are selling at highs of their companies right now.

I know Cramer mentions a lot that this is a good indication of a bubble as there is too much supply and not enough demand to meet it.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back