Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (7 Viewers)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
UBS UBS, -5.50% will buy Credit Suisse CS, -6.94% for more than $2 billion in an all-stock deal... ...The 0.50 francs per share UBS is offering, in stock, compares to Credit Suisse’s CSGN, -8.01% closing price of 1.86 francs on Friday. The FT said UBS initially bid just 0.25 francs per share.
I’m bad at math

Toe

Wide Receiver
MgPKVSn.jpeg

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
The Fed caused the Dotcom, the Great Recession, and Covid because they "pivoted"? What am I supposed to gain from this chart, lol? They don't cut rates for no reason...
I took it as... If the fed pivots it likely means bad news is coming.

For example if they cut today it likely meant the banks are in bigger trouble than being let on.

I would be more curious about a similar chart for the 70's through 90's.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I took it as... If the fed pivots it likely means bad news is coming.

For example if they cut today it likely meant the banks are in bigger trouble than being let on.

I would be more curious about a similar chart for the 70's through 90's.
before the bank failures less than 2 weeks ago the expectation was a .50% increase today. I could be wrong but raising .25% seems like they didn't want to to panic the markets by not raising and were afraid of more bank failures if they raised .50%.

they also softened the language about future rate increases indicating a pause is more likely now before they hit the terminal rate

looking at their rate projections they still don't show any indication of cuts in the near future, but I don't think anyone believes they will have the balls to stand pat if the economy tanks later this year

fed-plot.png

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds