Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread

Retail been robbing employees from H&L here in Neb/KS.

The reason I mentioned WM in my earlier post is because I’ve lost 6 employees to Walmart over the past year.

3 of the employees said it was straight up pay (I was paying them $17.50 and $18/hour, I even offered 1 of them a $2 raise to help counter inflation concerns she had), the other 3 said it was WM having more schedule options than I can offer at a hotel. Ex: my shift needs are based on when customers checkout/checkin and laundry/cleaning rooms. I can’t offer 40 hours a week working 9-5.

That’s the rub of H&L work, the 2 times that you most need employees are 5-10 am & pm… but that’s when people usually have other responsibilities and/or don’t want to work.

Ironically I’m having the best employee luck right now by hiring my fellow millennials because as long as you got your list done and there isn’t a guest needing something I don’t give a fuck if they are on their phone or watch something on the iPad or smoke/vape outside, etc etc. One of the few things I can offer employees that WM and other big retailers can’t.
Yeah, that is really shitty and seems to be the trend anymore. Just so many opportunities that workers are able to really find employment that is very much aligned with their lifestyles...which is great if you're a worker, but yeah... absolutely shitty for people like you.

I really did think wages would be a major component in the return to work in L&H, but it hasn't even moved the needle. Time to bring on the robot workforce(I'm maybe kidding?).

Yeah, that is really shitty and seems to be the trend anymore. Just so many opportunities that workers are able to really find employment that is very much aligned with their lifestyles...which is great if you're a worker, but yeah... absolutely shitty for people like you.

I really did think wages would be a major component in the return to work in L&H, but it hasn't even moved the needle. Time to bring on the robot workforce(I'm maybe kidding?).

Choice and IHG have done a really good job at modernizing their reservation systems with modern technology. (Apps and website)

It saves my employees time and stress by not having to constantly answer the phone all shift with questions about reservations. We still get some calls about reservations (olds) but its like 10% of how many calls we used to get just a few years ago and now instead of having to walk back to the front desk and click through the scheduler program they can check on the iPad wherever they are at.

Streaming services have also helped a lot because I pay for Netflix and Hulu on the iPad for my employees. Really helps with the 2-10pm and 10-6am shift when there is nothing going on for 1/2 the time and what is on TV then usually sucks.

That’s about all I got for automation and robots tho, basically everything else (especially house keeping) is still the same job as it has always been.

can you imagine the reaction if a US politician put this idea out there for NYC/Chicago/Philly etc.

hey yoooo just burn wood in your apartment no big d

Interesting take

bird box horror GIF by NETFLIX

Big week coming up

I actually only have 1 holding on this list ($WAL) But a good amount that are in my bullpen

dont know any Paul’s that aren’t complete dumbshits

what about a guy named Saul who was the best Christian hunter and killer in the Roman Empire until he converted to Christianity and then changed his name to Paul?

fccd40f8-808c-4cd2-a5f5-b7fad1c8fd72_text.gif

PS: what a great story huh? Almost like fiction. 😬😬😬

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back