Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info Source - Klassy is confirmed (4 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
From an Insideher:

It will be official early next week. There was no national search. Ed Stewart was never contacted. Pollard had conversations with us, but ultimately declined because he wouldn’t have had the control he desired (i.e. the FB program). The University Admin. and the power brokers needed a “yes” man, which Moos wasn’t anymore.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
From an Insideher:

It will be official early next week. There was no national search. Ed Stewart was never contacted. Pollard had conversations with us, but ultimately declined because he wouldn’t have had the control he desired (i.e. the FB program). The University Admin. and the power brokers needed a “yes” man, which Moos wasn’t anymore.
1625331688159.gif

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
From an Insideher:

What is your source’s percentage hit rate?

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Would have been great to hire a professional with experience and give them full empowerment, just once as an experiment to see how it goes, but if this is true sounds like we are instead opting for someone who probably doesn’t quite have the credentials but is willing to operate in a sandbox, aka same shit that has been going on and failing for 25 years.

its really hard to root for this team sometimes

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Would have been great to hire a professional with experience and give them full empowerment, just once as an experiment to see how it goes, but if this is true sounds like we are instead opting for someone who probably doesn’t quite have the credentials but is willing to operate in a sandbox, aka same shit that has been going on and failing for 25 years.

its really hard to root for this team sometimes
My thoughts exactly. I wish I could give up on them...same dumb shit after the same dumb shit. They can't get out of their own way...

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The University Admin. and the power brokers needed a “yes” man, which Moos wasn’t anymore.
This is why Nebraska has vastly underperformed for decades. People who don't know anything about football interjecting to promote their own agenda.

So basically what that feels like to me is Moos didn't support Frost anymore so they told him to pound sand. This would support what @Driveway Jordan said when this all started. Looks like Frost won the power struggle. Pretty amazing stuff.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is why Nebraska has vastly underperformed for decades. People who don't know anything about football interjecting to promote their own agenda.

So basically what that feels like to me is Moos didn't support Frost anymore so they told him to pound sand. This would support what @Driveway Jordan said when this all started. Looks like Frost won the power struggle. Pretty amazing stuff.
Why did we hire Moos in the first place? The hire seemed odd at the time, and his whole tenure was odd.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why did we hire Moos in the first place? The hire seemed odd at the time, and his whole tenure was odd.
I mean, what? It didn't seem odd to me. It seemed odd to other people? We were in the market for a new AD. He made all the hires everyone wanted. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Hiring Klassy (if it does end up being him) is extremely telling imo.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean, what? It didn't seem odd to me. It seemed odd to other people? We were in the market for a new AD. He made all the hires everyone wanted. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Hiring Klassy (if it does end up being him) is extremely telling imo.
It seemed odd in the sense he was close to retirement and all the rumors going around which seem to have some truth to them at this point. I’m still not a big believer Moos was instrumental in the Frost hire.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It seemed odd in the sense he was close to retirement and all the rumors going around. I’m still not a big believer Moos was instrumental in the Frost hire.
Alright, I still don't understand how that'd justify hiring what is essentially his number 2. The guy you just fired (encouraged to retire, whatever), you hired his assistant.

That's like firing Frost and hiring Chinander. It doesn't make sense. Unless you need a "yes" man, then it makes a little sense.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Alright, I still don't understand how that'd justify hiring what is essentially his number 2. The guy you just fired (encouraged to retire, whatever), you hired his assistant.

That's like firing Frost and hiring Chinander. It doesn't make sense. Unless you need a "yes" man, then it makes a little sense.
I also don’t get this hire either. Maybe that’s why we are Nebraska. Nebraska would have been better off hiring Paul Meyers in the first place. Atleast you know he is fundraiser.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds