Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Season turning from success to failure (2 Viewers)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Jesus Christ people pull yourselves together we are .500 in year 1 with literal functioning retards at QB, yes part of that is Rhules fault but give him a chance. If we see this same shit this time year two then we can panic
This. Reminder…at the beginning of the season we were a 6-6 team at best. That hasn’t changed.

Sat is not good. Injuries have been awful. Our QBs…bad.

And we were and are 6-6 at best. We were then, we are now.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know what this even means. If you think that I didn’t clearly state my feelings on Sims and Satterfield back when I did then I’ve got nothing to say to you.

You’re seriously arguing with absolutely nobody. You’re actually accusing people of disagreeing with you and then attempting to make them defend a stance they don’t hold.

I have been on the Jeff Sims isn’t good enough to be QB1 and satterfield isn’t good enough to be hefe longer than almost everyone.

Fuck dude. I flat said in June that Rhule has made some decisions that he’s going to want back in reference to Casey Thompson not being here anymore and Satterfield being his OC.

I was the first to mention anything on the board about Sims’ throwing motion lending itself to him being wildly inconsistent. Funny as that was the cause of one of the INTs that sailed on him. Also funny that HH has the same issue with his elbow that @Faux Sean Callahan pointed out on Twitter and he was referenced on a few podcasts this week.

The evidence is out there but you’ve refused to go seek it.

Just because I’ve refused to do what you’re currently doing, which is beat the same fucking point into the ground and shit all over every thread from February to now doesn’t mean that I didn’t hold these opinions back then.
Apparently you do have a lot to say to me

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Your inability to read a post, place it in context, and come up with an intelligent thing to add is conduct unbecoming of a platinum boarder. Back to Tater Island for you. I’m sure Dean will run the $100 of free gear promo for you soon.
Dean could actually have $100 worth of free gear anyone would want? Not buying it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
No way were any Frost teams better at any point.

smh GIF
If we end up with 5 wins this team is similar to the Frost teams. This team probably has a better defense with a worse offense and a little better special teams, but mismanagement from the head coach and offensive staff have cost us games like Frost and co. did. If MJ and Bush led the team last year from the get go they would have got us 7 wins. This team is definitely talented enough to be a bowl team.

I do agree with other posters with this being one of the easiest schedules if not easiest we have seen while in the BIG. We played a bunch of shit teams. When we did play the one good team the game was over before it started but that was to be expected. Shit gets real coming up next year schedule wise. Rhule better not fuck up the qb situation going forward or he will be fucked. You’re going to have to start scoring points in this league with the addition of the pac 12 teams.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Your inability to read a post, place it in context, and come up with an intelligent thing to add is conduct unbecoming of a platinum boarder. Back to Tater Island for you. I’m sure Dean will run the $100 of free gear promo for you soon.
Lol. Can’t wait- maybe I will dig up your posts from February if he does.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We lost to Colorado and all four teams on the schedule whose names begin with “M”.

Coincidence or The Simulation?
4 of the 8 P5 teams we played start with M, one of these is undefeated and 2 of the other 3 were road games, so I say coincidence

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Preseason predictions also assumed a slightly competitive and more difficult B10 West.

A bowl game is still the goal and we should all feel good if that happens, but winning the division looked entirely possible once it was clear the B10 west was a dumpster fire.

This schedule looked easy before the year, and now we know it’s even easier than we could’ve imagined. And we’re not taking advantage of it because we turn the ball over 3 times a game. Not going to a bowl game would be a failure, there’s just no other way to put it.
So now the goal posts are being moved?

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
So now the goal posts are being moved?
Of course they moved. When we were 5-3 heading to MSU who was on a 5 game skid, do you remember many people being happy if we just finished the year 1-3? 3-1 or 2-2 was the expectation. Nearly everyone assumed the victory that week, a bowl berth, and firmly in the hunt for the b10 west.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Of course they moved. When we were 5-3 heading to MSU who was on a 5 game skid, do you remember many people being happy if we just finished the year 1-3? 3-1 or 2-2 was the expectation. Nearly everyone assumed the victory that week, a bowl berth, and firmly in the hunt for the b10 west.
Case in point.

I don't think anyone is happy how the last two weeks turned out, but the staff is also figuring out what works to win in this conference. And they're learning painful lessons.

Not being a coach myself, I think it's short-sighted for fans to know exactly how to fix the turnovers. Coaches have been rotating through multiple players to find someone that will hold onto the ball, and not throw the ball to the other team. I happen to think it's a combination of coaching and personnel, but that's probably an oversimplification.

It may go beyond coaching and personnel and bleeding into the psyche of the whole program. That's a tougher fix IMO, because there's been a lack of accountability until this staff came along. It may take a couple years to get the mental part of the program right, as ridiculous as that sounds.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Jesus Christ people pull yourselves together we are .500 in year 1 with literal functioning retards at QB, yes part of that is Rhules fault but give him a chance. If we see this same shit this time year two then we can panic
The functioning retards are a product of the current coach tbh

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member
Two 3 point losses that could have easily been wins have turned what looked like a resurrection of a downtrodden program into a failure of a season.

I like Rhule but I'm losing faith quickly. I swear to God I’ve never seen a program give so many games away. Something drastic almost has to happen. Deion Fucking Sanders the offense. I’m almost checked out again.
A failure? Most reasonable fans thought 6 games and a bowl a pretty dam good goal.

Rhule and the staff are close to that with more injuries to starters than I ever ever in a season. Along with inheriting the shit show they did.

Even if we lose 2 more I think they have done a pretty good job.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds