Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rouse gone (3 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
No you don’t. If he said yes and gave his word at one number then wants to renegotiate then fuck him.
It depends how bad you need a left tackle. Get use to this. If you need a guy bad enough you’re going to have to open the checkbook and possibly overpay. Look at the bright side before NIL this guy wouldn’t have gave us the time of day. We just need to finish the deal. These south schools are showing we better step up our NIL game. We just got beat out by two for linemen.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It depends how bad you need a left tackle. Get use to this. If you need a guy bad enough you’re going to have to open the checkbook and possibly overpay. Look at the bright side before NIL this guy wouldn’t have gave us the time of day. We just need to finish the deal. These south schools are showing we better step up our NIL game. We just got beat out by two for linemen.
Remember, we desperately needed an end rusher so we paid $650k to outbid Texas to get Ochaun Mathis. Frost and TC were desperate to save his career.

For Rouse, he's a 1 yr rented mercenary. Rhule already has a grace period for that first season. I just don't know how wise it is to spend more than you want on a one year OL rental. If rather use it on 2-3 yr players. Or add it to the Dylan Raiola fund.

Every big school CAN pay huge NIL, question is do they want to? Texas COULD have outbid us for Mathis, but they chose not to.

LWFloridaHusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
🤬🤬

Attachments

• 1673730747176.png
    1673730747176.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 1673731705610.png
    1673731705610.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Remember, we desperately needed an end rusher so we paid $650k to outbid Texas to get Ochaun Mathis. Frost and TC were desperate to save his career.

For Rouse, he's a 1 yr rented mercenary. Rhule already has a grace period for that first season. I just don't know how wise it is to spend more than you want on a one year OL rental. If rather use it on 2-3 yr players. Or add it to the Dylan Raiola fund.

Every big school CAN pay huge NIL, question is do they want to? Texas COULD have outbid us for Mathis, but they chose not to.
We could have also paid more for Rouse if we wanted. Maybe it got to the point Rhule said walk away. All I know is fuck the grace period talk. Rhule needs to make a bowl for momentum purposes. This program hasn’t had any momentum for years.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We could have also paid more for Rouse if we wanted. Maybe it got to the point Rhule said walk away. All I know is fuck the grace period talk. Rhule needs to make a bowl for momentum purposes. This program hasn’t had any momentum for years.
He'll make 6-6 this year. That's actually not that hard at Nebraska. We just had a guy in Frost who was a very very poor HC.

When I say grace period, I mean grace period away from 9-3/10-2 seasons. We'll go 6-6 this year

Herbie

Quarterback
Why are you defending 1890? How can you know that they did their job? I have no idea what went on with the 1890/NIL so really can't defend or blame them. Share the info you have that they did their job
There was absolutely no reason for an olinemen of his caliber to commit to Nebraska without 1890.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He'll make 6-6 this year. That's actually not that hard at Nebraska. We just had a guy in Frost who was a very very poor HC.

When I say grace period, I mean grace period away from 9-3/10-2 seasons. We'll go 6-6 this year
I’ll believe it when I see it. Rhule’s coaching staff is also pretty unproven. It’s not a sure thing these guys are going to tear it up especially out of the gate.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

I don't think Rhule is going to be one to go back and forth too many times with the NIL, he's pretty much said if you're only looking at Nebraska for the NIL then you are looking at the wrong place.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ll believe it when I see it. Rhule’s coaching staff is also pretty unproven. It’s not a sure thing these guys are going to tear it up especially out of the gate.
My point is I don't really care if he goes 4-8 or 6-6. A bowl is nothing magical to me. 80% of the bowl games suck and the teams aren't even trying and the stadiums are mostly empty AND the schools make zero money from them (they actually lose money on lower bowls).

I'm not celebrating if he goes 6-6. I don't care about this first year. I just want to see a foundation being built. Which we are seeing with this staff and infrastructure he's setting up.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
My point is I don't really care if he goes 4-8 or 6-6. A bowl is nothing magical to me. 80% of the bowl games suck and the teams aren't even trying and the stadiums are mostly empty AND the schools make zero money from them (they actually lose money on lower bowls).

I'm not celebrating if he goes 6-6. I don't care about this first year. I just want to see a foundation being built. Which we are seeing with this staff and infrastructure he's setting up.
A bowl is pretty big for the practice time. It’s big for a year 2 jump.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds