Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rouse (1 Viewer)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Per Dean, he is supposed to be committing today or tomorrow (last I saw). Everything has been radio silent on him, but I figured we should start a thread for him since Mazzccua has one.

Anyone got the scoop?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can tell you Keith Neibuhr of On.3 Auburn says he is not going to Auburn, but,of course, no one thought he was. Otherwise, the most out there is the 247 interview from last night, in which he seems to rave about Nebraska

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Transfer tackle Walter Rouse hopes for final decision within next couple days, discusses 'great' Husker visit​

VIP ByBRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON 17 hours ago

It's not easy when circling a final answer on this one, Walter Rouse will acknowledge. And this is one smart guy.

The offensive tackle who is considering Nebraska, Cockeye and Oklahoma as his options to play one more year of college football will also eventually earn a degree in biomechanical engineering from Stanford.

Told you he’s sharp. But all the contenders for his football talents in 2023 have made it tough on the man who was a four-year starter at Stanford – tough in a good way.

"I really thought this time around, different from my (high school) recruiting, I thought it was going to be easier, but it's not," Rouse said Monday night. "Each of the schools that I went to visit have all of the qualities that I'm looking for, and a school that I believe can help get me better and improve into a better offensive tackle. And coming to that school that has a great culture of wanting to win and great coaches. It's going to just come down to a lot of talks with my family, prayer and what truly just feels best from the bottom of my heart.

"Because they all check the boxes. All have great facilities. Great coaches. Great history with the programs."

To give an idea of how much Rouse is tossing around the possibilities of each school, he said he was up for about four extra hours Sunday night into the early morning. “Just going back and forth in my head of what would be the best school for me, visualizing myself playing at that school, going to that school and taking classes there."

Other schools besides the aforementioned three have tried to come in late with certain NIL deals.

"But when it comes to the money, that's not what I'm doing this for," he said. "While that is an added benefit, I'm not really entertaining any other schools right now. It's just those three."

He'd love to come to a final decision as soon as possible. "I'd say (Tuesday) or Wednesday, I would definitely like to have an answer on my decision."

Rouse visited all three schools within the last week, finishing off the trips by checking out Nebraska over the weekend after time in Cockeye City.

"I got to say that my trip to Nebraska, I thought it was great. The first thing off the bat that surprised me was just the university itself. I've never been to Nebraska before so I thought it was going to be more rural in terms of the campus and whatnot," Rouse told Husker247. "But that's not at all what I found. The downtown and all these hotels, places to go out, food spots, bars, it was really surprising."

Rouse was excited for his trip to Lincoln to begin with "and from then on things kind of got better from there," he added. "I got to say I was pleasantly surprised all the way throughout."

The new Nebraska football facility that should be completed by the summer certainly impressed.

"One of a kind. When it's done it's probably going to be the best in the country," Rouse said. "The only drawback I'd say is I wish it was completed now, but aside from that, I really don't have any negatives from the trip. I think I meshed well with the coaching staff and from those two days I already have a great relationship with them. I've been in constant contact since then, but yeah, it's been a great trip all around."

And what did he make of Nebraska's new head man Matt Rhule and returning O-line coach Donovan Raiola?

"When I met him in person, I was like, 'Oh, this is not at all who I thought I was meeting over the phone.' He was a great guy with a lot of energy," Rouse said of Rhule. "He kept that energy all throughout the visit. Same with Raiola. I even talked with one of the O-lineman there who was happy that Raiola was the one guy who got to come back from the changeover with Rhule's new staff. Because he's that good of a coach. He said, if he tells them to jump, he says, 'How high?'

"From the very beginning they laid out what their plan was for me if I were to come here. They said, 'we have all the answers to the test and now it's time to just apply those answers. It's time to make you into the tackle that we know you can be.' They said if I come here I would be the left tackle and that's what I'm planning on going to a school for, and helping that school win and they're making me better."

While Rouse hasn't received his degree from Stanford yet, he plans to go back and put in the finishing work to secure it from there at a later date. He added that it's a plan he has worked out with the academic counselors at Stanford and also something he spoke with academic personnel at Nebraska about on his visit here.

Rouse has been quite accomplished off the field. This past fall he was named a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy, which annually recognizes the best football scholar-athlete in the nation for his combined academic success, football performance and exemplary leadership. Rouse became Stanford's 15th all-time finalist.
Certainly the discussions about academics were important on his visits. While in Lincoln, Nebraska academic personnel were supportive of his plans ahead.

"They didn't really have anything they said that I didn't like," he said of the time in Lincoln. "I really liked everything that was going on."

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Transfer tackle Walter Rouse hopes for final decision within next couple days, discusses 'great' Husker visit​

VIP ByBRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON 17 hours ago

It's not easy when circling a final answer on this one, Walter Rouse will acknowledge. And this is one smart guy.

The offensive tackle who is considering Nebraska, Cockeye and Oklahoma as his options to play one more year of college football will also eventually earn a degree in biomechanical engineering from Stanford.

Told you he’s sharp. But all the contenders for his football talents in 2023 have made it tough on the man who was a four-year starter at Stanford – tough in a good way.

"I really thought this time around, different from my (high school) recruiting, I thought it was going to be easier, but it's not," Rouse said Monday night. "Each of the schools that I went to visit have all of the qualities that I'm looking for, and a school that I believe can help get me better and improve into a better offensive tackle. And coming to that school that has a great culture of wanting to win and great coaches. It's going to just come down to a lot of talks with my family, prayer and what truly just feels best from the bottom of my heart.

"Because they all check the boxes. All have great facilities. Great coaches. Great history with the programs."

To give an idea of how much Rouse is tossing around the possibilities of each school, he said he was up for about four extra hours Sunday night into the early morning. “Just going back and forth in my head of what would be the best school for me, visualizing myself playing at that school, going to that school and taking classes there."

Other schools besides the aforementioned three have tried to come in late with certain NIL deals.

"But when it comes to the money, that's not what I'm doing this for," he said. "While that is an added benefit, I'm not really entertaining any other schools right now. It's just those three."

He'd love to come to a final decision as soon as possible. "I'd say (Tuesday) or Wednesday, I would definitely like to have an answer on my decision."

Rouse visited all three schools within the last week, finishing off the trips by checking out Nebraska over the weekend after time in Cockeye City.

"I got to say that my trip to Nebraska, I thought it was great. The first thing off the bat that surprised me was just the university itself. I've never been to Nebraska before so I thought it was going to be more rural in terms of the campus and whatnot," Rouse told Husker247. "But that's not at all what I found. The downtown and all these hotels, places to go out, food spots, bars, it was really surprising."

Rouse was excited for his trip to Lincoln to begin with "and from then on things kind of got better from there," he added. "I got to say I was pleasantly surprised all the way throughout."

The new Nebraska football facility that should be completed by the summer certainly impressed.

"One of a kind. When it's done it's probably going to be the best in the country," Rouse said. "The only drawback I'd say is I wish it was completed now, but aside from that, I really don't have any negatives from the trip. I think I meshed well with the coaching staff and from those two days I already have a great relationship with them. I've been in constant contact since then, but yeah, it's been a great trip all around."

And what did he make of Nebraska's new head man Matt Rhule and returning O-line coach Donovan Raiola?

"When I met him in person, I was like, 'Oh, this is not at all who I thought I was meeting over the phone.' He was a great guy with a lot of energy," Rouse said of Rhule. "He kept that energy all throughout the visit. Same with Raiola. I even talked with one of the O-lineman there who was happy that Raiola was the one guy who got to come back from the changeover with Rhule's new staff. Because he's that good of a coach. He said, if he tells them to jump, he says, 'How high?'

"From the very beginning they laid out what their plan was for me if I were to come here. They said, 'we have all the answers to the test and now it's time to just apply those answers. It's time to make you into the tackle that we know you can be.' They said if I come here I would be the left tackle and that's what I'm planning on going to a school for, and helping that school win and they're making me better."

While Rouse hasn't received his degree from Stanford yet, he plans to go back and put in the finishing work to secure it from there at a later date. He added that it's a plan he has worked out with the academic counselors at Stanford and also something he spoke with academic personnel at Nebraska about on his visit here.

Rouse has been quite accomplished off the field. This past fall he was named a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy, which annually recognizes the best football scholar-athlete in the nation for his combined academic success, football performance and exemplary leadership. Rouse became Stanford's 15th all-time finalist.
Certainly the discussions about academics were important on his visits. While in Lincoln, Nebraska academic personnel were supportive of his plans ahead.

"They didn't really have anything they said that I didn't like," he said of the time in Lincoln. "I really liked everything that was going on."
This begs the question of why Raiola never asked his guys to “block” last season, or if he did, what was their reply?

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Wow. That was by far, at least in writing, the most articulate interview of a football player I have ever witnessed.

I’ve said before that Waterboy liked Donny a lot more than Greg Austin. I think the offensive line was an afterthought to Whipple which put them in bad spots. MR has said as much in some of his interviews. “It’s the offensive coordinators job to protect the QB.”

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I know that we were always way above average 2018-2021 in terms of 5 man protections. Would imagine it was similar for 2022.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wow. That was by far, at least in writing, the most articulate interview of a football player I have ever witnessed.

I’ve said before that Waterboy liked Donny a lot more than Greg Austin. I think the offensive line was an afterthought to Whipple which put them in bad spots. MR has said as much in some of his interviews. “It’s the offensive coordinators job to protect the QB.”
Sidwell Friends is the school for the smart offspring of well-connected, well-to-do, Washingtonians

Sidwell Friends School is a Quaker school located in Bethesda, Maryland and Washington, D.C., offering pre-kindergarten through high school classes. Founded in 1883 by Thomas W. Sidwell, its motto is "Eluceat omnibus lux" (English: Let the light shine out from all), alluding to the Quaker concept of inner light. All Sidwell Friends students attend Quaker meeting for worship weekly, and middle school students begin every day with five minutes of silence.[1]

The school's admissions process is merit-based. As documented on the school's website, it gives preference in admissions decisions to members of the Religious Society of Friends, but otherwise does not discriminate on the basis of religion. Sidwell "accepts only 7 percent of its applicants."[2] The school accepts vouchers under the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program.

Described as "the Harvard of Washington’s private schools,"[3] the school has educated children of notable politicians, including those of several presidents. President Theodore Roosevelt's son Archibald, President Richard Nixon's daughters Tricia and Julie, President Bill Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton, President Barack Obama's daughters Sasha and Malia, the grandchildren of President Joe Biden when he was Vice President,[4] and Vice President Al Gore's son, Albert Gore III, graduated from Sidwell Friends.

GAHusker

Cornerback

Yeah, maybe it didn’t fit Casey’s skill set, but how often did we try to move the pocket last year?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds