Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread January (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member

Fuck CU

buffalo GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Realistically, I think this might be one to worry about. If I see him tomorrow, I'll try and ask him about it.
Spoke with Hall today. Like I thought, Penn St is a serious player. In fact, he told me that they are his #1 school right now, with Nebraska at #2 and K-St at #3. We had a REALLY good talk and I was super impressed with him. Really great young man. Even while Penn St is his "leader," I still get the feeling that he will be N when it's all said and done. I think the better he gets to know Rhule/this staff, they will win him over quickly. But that's just my opinion.

One last interesting thing is that I did talk to him about Raiola. He said that he has met Raiola and has even thrown with him. He told me that if Raiola is N, he will be N. He said that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with the best player in the country. I always knew that a player like Raiola would have a significant positive impact, by my conversation with Dae'vonn really opened my eyes to how big of a deal it really is.

All in all, Nebraska has work to do with Hall. But I also like where they are at with him at this point. Hall also mentioned that March is going to be a crazy month for him, as he will be taking visits nearly every weekend (including Nebraska and Penn St).

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Spoke with Hall today. Like I thought, Penn St is a serious player. In fact, he told me that they are his #1 school right now, with Nebraska at #2 and K-St at #3. We had a REALLY good talk and I was super impressed with him. Really great young man. Even while Penn St is his "leader," I still get the feeling that he will be N when it's all said and done. I think the better he gets to know Rhule/this staff, they will win him over quickly. But that's just my opinion.

One last interesting thing is that I did talk to him about Raiola. He said that he has met Raiola and has even thrown with him. He told me that if Raiola is N, he will be N. He said that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with the best player in the country. I always knew that a player like Raiola would have a significant positive impact, by my conversation with Dae'vonn really opened my eyes to how big of a deal it really is.

All in all, Nebraska has work to do with Hall. But I also like where they are at with him at this point. Hall also mentioned that March is going to be a crazy month for him, as he will be taking visits nearly every weekend (including Nebraska and Penn St).
I have a good friend in the coaching circle around Hall that while he doesn’t deny Hall’s “abitlity”, says he (as of last year) was kinda lazy and generally not the best receiver on the field. Not SEC fast, that’s why schools like Georgia aren’t in the mix. He was more impressed with Malachai than Hall (doesn’t matter if both are good).
Hope he shakes off the childhood and starts treating the game like a man as he ages.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

I have given you the rare “69 likes” trophy as this is true inside her info. Truly appreciate you sharing it.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I have a good friend in the coaching circle around Hall that while he doesn’t deny Hall’s “abitlity”, says he (as of last year) was kinda lazy and generally not the best receiver on the field. Not SEC fast, that’s why schools like Georgia aren’t in the mix. He was more impressed with Malachai than Hall (doesn’t matter if both are good).
Hope he shakes off the childhood and starts treating the game like a man as he ages.
That wouldn't surprise me. I think he bought into his own hype a bit, just from my perspective of seeing him a church on Sundays. But it also seems like he has grown up a lot in recent months. Like I said, I was incredibly surprised with his maturity when talking with him today.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
That wouldn't surprise me. I think he bought into his own hype a bit, just from my perspective of seeing him a church on Sundays. But it also seems like he has grown up a lot in recent months. Like I said, I was incredibly surprised with his maturity when talking with him today.
That’s good. I heard that half a year ago. If he desires to play big boy ball and is surrounded by good people he’ll likely get the info he needs to do the right things.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Just curious, what leads a kid in Bellevue, Nebraska, to call Penn State his No. 1 school right now? Is it just because they've been winning more?
What is the attraction to Penn State?

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Just curious, what leads a kid in Bellevue, Nebraska, to call Penn State his No. 1 school right now? Is it just because they've been winning more?
What is the attraction to Penn State?
1. He has spoke with Franklin a few times and really likes him.
2. They are a school with great tradition
3. They have produced a handful of good WRs in recent years.
4. They are winning more
5. He knows what he is getting with Penn St/Franklin. Rhule and Nebraska are still very much an unknown.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. He has spoke with Franklin a few times and really likes him.
2. They are a school with great tradition
3. They have produced a handful of good WRs in recent years.
4. They are winning more
5. He knows what he is getting with Penn St/Franklin. Rhule and Nebraska are still very much an unknown.
IMHO Franklin is more of a good Salesman than a good coach. What has he really done with all of that talent? I have some friends who are Penn St fans and they regularly beef about his coaching. Love his recruiting chops but complain he doesn't outcoach other teams.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
IMHO Franklin is more of a good Salesman than a good coach. What has he really done with all of that talent? I have some friends who are Penn St fans and they regularly beef about his coaching. Love his recruiting chops but complain he doesn't outcoach other teams.
Next year will tell the tale of Franklin. I think it's the best team he's ever had.

I think he was gonna be fired at Penn St before Joe Moorhead came along. I'm not a believer in his in game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds