Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread January (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
If he was signing with someone why wouldn’t he just do that tomorrow?
It's pretty cool having your HS watch you sign. Especially the broads

I bet he signs the real one tomorrow and signs a copy at the HS

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
For those that have seen him, is he really that good? Whenever I watch his highlights I think he’s good but not as good as the offers he is getting.
He's probably better in shorts 7 v 7 but he's pretty good. Big arm, accurate, really football smart. Didn't have to explain things twice even in 8th grade.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Nebraska offers 2024 in-state lineman Ashton Murphy​

Sean Callahan • about 12 hours
Ashton Murphy Elkhorn South
2024 Elkhorn South lineman Ashton Murphy. (Photo credit: Sean Callahan)

It’s been quite a week for 2024 Elkhorn South lineman Ashton Murphy. Two days ago, he picked up his first Power Five offer from Colorado, and on Tuesday, he added another.

Nebraska head coach Matt Rhule informed Storm head coach Guy Rosenberg of the news before he then shared the news with Murphy.

“They actually called my coach at lunch, and then he called me in to talk,” Murphy said. “He told me to call Coach Rhule, and he let me know they offered.”

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Murphy can play either on the offensive or defensive line. CU offered him as an offensive lineman, while the Huskers are still open to which side of the ball he projects for them.

“He said they watched my film as an entire staff. All 14 coaches liked what they saw,” Murphy said.

What does the Nebraska offer mean to Murphy?​

Murphy is a lifelong Nebraskan that has followed the program closely. A lot has changed for him in the last few weeks, first getting a Northern Cockeye offer, followed by offers from Colorado and Nebraska.

“I have always liked Nebraska,” Murphy said. “It meant a lot to me to get the offer.”

Moving forward, Murphy hopes to visit Lincoln sometime in March to spend more time around Rhule and the coaching staff.

Cockeye is another team that has recruited over the last year. He camped for the Cockeyes last summer, along with the Huskers.

This spring, Murphy will throw the shot put and discus for Elkhorn South. As a sophomore, he went out for track for the first time in his life.

Murphy placed seventh at state with a PR of 55-7. This off-season, he’s worked on perfecting his technique and hopes to break 60 feet.

“I’m really excited to see what I can do this spring in track,” Murphy said.

In a previous interview, Rosenburg told HuskerOnline that Murphy was one of the young leaders in his program and arguably their hardest worker in the weight room.

“He’s a big guy, but extremely flexible,” Rosenberg said. “Whenever the college coaches come to weights to check out our guys I see a lot of cell phones going out where they want to take a video of him, all the depth that he gets on his squats, and how impressive he is on the Olympic lifts and all that transfers over to the field.”

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
*Urban Meyer has entered the chat*
Are there even any other openings left for Jim to try to leverage?

Texans is filled
Broncos filled

Panthers? Or did they hire someone and I'm forgetting?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's pretty cool having your HS watch you sign. Especially the broads

I bet he signs the real one tomorrow and signs a copy at the HS
IIRC, today is the 1st day they can sign their NLI but the window extends for a while. It's possible that he will wait a day and sign the actual one at a school event. You know ... for the broads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds