Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Question: If we are so, so close..... (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
If we are so, so close.....like so many Frost supporters claim......

...and we are actually a pretty good team that just has no luck
or
...Scott is a good coach that is right on the edge of a major breakthrough
or
...the team is just on the cusp of taking off and becoming an 8-4, 9-3, 10-2 program

Then tomorrow should be pretty close right? We should be not only be competitive but also
in some ways or areas superior. We should maybe even be able to win if we were to say, I don't know,
make all of our FGs? Create a turnover or two.

I mean if we really are close then Minnesota and Purdue were just weird outcomes, outliers, and
against OSU we should definitely see a team on a mission performing at a top level.

So if we see something else, like a clown car Oline and RBs missing holes and WRs failing to get open
and a QB acting like he downed a bottle of lithium before the game then maybe, just maybe, we can put this
whole "we're so, so close" thing to bed.....right?

For the record: I hope we win because I always want us to win......but if we lose and lose bad then I would like to put to
an end to these unrealistic fantasies about "progress" and "being close" so that we can start dealing with
reality and building an actual program we can be proud of. That will only happen if we get a start on that
sooner rather than later because we stopped pretending something that isn't working really is.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yep. I'm off the Frost train but if we lose bad then I certainly won't argue "close" anymore. Yes, I have been arguing that for weeks now.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Reversing the question. We lose by 3-7, somehow, because of another colossal player mistake, let's say a Michigan like loss, what are the reactions then?

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Reversing the question. We lose by 3-7, somehow, because of another colossal player mistake, let's say a Michigan like loss, what are the reactions then?
I don't know what the reactions will be but this will be my opinion.

We are just the best losers in the business. We lose real good. You can count on us to entertain until we ultimately fold. We are a good practice for when an actual good team has to get ready to play another game sometime in the future.

It's almost worse than just being pathetic. Because nobody should get paid big money to play in a full stadium to hold a glorified practice for the opponent.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I don't know what the reactions will be but this will be my opinion.

We are just the best losers in the business. We lose real good. You can count on us to entertain until we ultimately fold. We are a good practice for when an actual good team has to get ready to play another game sometime in the future.

It's almost worse than just being pathetic. Because nobody should get paid big money to play in a full stadium to hold a glorified practice for the opponent.
Lol I'll go with this one. But ultimately that's just being mentally tough enough to execute when the lights are really on. How do you fix that? Constant coaching staff changes? New players? I know what I'd do but that doesn't matter. I chalk that up to weak minded players, which is recruiting, which is coaching. Program issue

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds