Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread

Well, it’s a hot breezy afternoon in the tree stand, but I drug the camper up here to spend a few early mornings and evenings trying to fill the archery tag.

I am saddened to report that I missed a shot at a doe this morning. Didn’t trust my sight and thought she was further out than she really was. I thought I’d aim it right over the top of her shoulder and … that’s exactly where the bolt went. Sumbitch.

Still … it beats the heck out of a day at the office.

IMG_4186.jpeg

Here's the video after he shot. You can see the lighted nock in him.

Always amazes me when people archery hunt huge animals like Elk, Bear, etc.

I have been on an Elk hunt once and my buddy shot a Bull at 120 yards with a .300 Win mag (muzzle break on that mofo made it so loud it hurt my teeth) & that Elk still managed to run/walk like 400 yards and drop in some plum thickets and tall grass. (Shot broke front side shoulder and exited chest missed heart and lungs but still that Bull was a tough sumbitch to walk that far. Obvi Run the Damn Ball guy)

I've been on archery hunts looking for a shot Mule deer that we find so fucking far away. I can't imagine dropping an elk with a bow.

Always amazes me when people archery hunt huge animals like Elk, Bear, etc.

I have been on an Elk hunt once and my buddy shot a Bull at 120 yards with a .300 Win mag (muzzle break on that mofo made it so loud it hurt my teeth) & that Elk still managed to run/walk like 400 yards and drop in some plum thickets and tall grass. (Shot broke front side shoulder and exited chest missed heart and lungs but still that Bull was a tough sumbitch to walk that far. Obvi Run the Damn Ball guy)

I've been on archery hunts looking for a shot Mule deer that we find so fucking far away. I can't imagine dropping an elk with a bow.
Muzzle brakes definitely help the shooter keep the barrel from "kicking" up, but they absolutely suck to be next to, either on the range or in the field. If its one thing the FFA got wrong, it was the villianization of suppressors. I'd love to have one on every single firearm I own, sans the Beretta 1301 Mod.2 home defense shotgun. Shock and awe with that sumbitch.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back