Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread

Had a buddy from ID come over for the weekend. He is going home with some groceries tomorrow. 31# Halibut, big fat ass Cabazon, some Black rock fish, and some crabs.

Biggest Cabazon I've seen so we kept it. They have to be big to make it worth it as they are almost all head and short bodies. Meat is blue. Pretty tasty fish.

Oh and colorado sucks!

GBR20240830_141303.jpgimagejpeg_0(7).jpgimagejpeg_0(8).jpg20240830_125317.jpg

Had a buddy from ID come over for the weekend. He is going home with some groceries tomorrow. 31# Halibut, big fat ass Cabazon, some Black rock fish, and some crabs.

Biggest Cabazon I've seen so we kept it. They have to be big to make it worth it as they are almost all head and short bodies. Meat is blue. Pretty tasty fish.

Oh and colorado sucks!

GBR
That is a WILD looking fish!

The teal hunters on the nearby Elkhorn river are absolutely messing with the deer hunt … again … this morning. May have to play my “I’m retired” card and hit the woods when these sonsabitches are back at work later in the week.

IMG_4130.jpeg

Whereabouts are you at on the Elkhorn, LHR? Grew up on that river.

Bugeater - shit, this site loads so slow for me, I only saw the first pic from the blind, which looked like it could be the Nebraska Elkhorn. The other pics and videos are just now slooowly loading for me, and I now see my mistake. I did not grow up on the AK Elkhorn river. But the northeast NE version, yes.

And NOW I see Jim's post.... and that the slow ass loading pics were BushAK's.

So my question still stands for LHR I guess. Which, LHR, you don't have to out your location if you don't want. I saw Elkhorn river and a view that looked like the Nebraska Elkhorn, which now I know (think I know), it was.

Whereabouts are you at on the Elkhorn, LHR? Grew up on that river.
Up between Wisner and Pilger at Black Island WMA (public land). I've had a wireless trail cam set up there since the first part of August, and there are a lotta deer present at the trail cam location. Hard to be mad at the teal hunters - they're excited to get out there and get some shooting in, too.

Up between Wisner and Pilger at Black Island WMA (public land). I've had a wireless trail cam set up there since the first part of August, and there are a lotta deer present at the trail cam location. Hard to be mad at the teal hunters - they're excited to get out there and get some shooting in, too.

Nice. Not that far from my where I grew up. Which makes sense - the Elkhorn isn't a long river in miles, really.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back