Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (5 Viewers)

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member
nope he still has the guns he used

Not a felony and the guns were not seized for evidentiary reasons either.

Conservation Dept all over this guys ass tho so if he does anything again he will get caught with a quickness.

Is his name Royce?

BugeaterInWa

Linebacker
Elite Member

Them critters dgaf. They thrash around without a care. They tricky trot down my driveway with zero fuqs about me driving right behind them.

Now the fun part is the dumbass tourist who stop (in the middle of our private road of course) to gawk and take pictures. They will even trespass onto private land. That's when ya give a honk and pretend to be just friendly waving. The Rosie's no likie the horn. I've seen some Olympic class sprinting.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Them critters dgaf. They thrash around without a care. They tricky trot down my driveway with zero fuqs about me driving right behind them.

Now the fun part is the dumbass tourist who stop (in the middle of our private road of course) to gawk and take pictures. They will even trespass onto private land. That's when ya give a honk and pretend to be just friendly waving. The Rosie's no likie the horn. I've seen some Olympic class sprinting.
Question: how full are your freezers?

I know at least one is full of salmon, but I'm presuming if yore hungry for elk meat you just take a club with you when you put on a robe and walk down to get the morning paper, smack one in the head, and drag it back to the garage for processing.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I know at least one is full of salmon, but I'm presuming if yore hungry for elk meat you just take a club with you when you put on a robe and walk down to get the morning paper, smack one in the head, and drag it back to the garage for processing.
Mofo has to have a grocery store freezer section of seafood and elk. Halibut, ling, salmon, shrimp, etc. He never brings me any when he comes to Omaha either.

BugeaterInWa

Linebacker
Elite Member

Yes, I rarely buy protein.

Them sombiches will stand all around my big ass firepit gazebo and bum beers off of me. They unlike Darryl never bring over more firewood.

They likie the Busch Lattes.

BugeaterInWa

Linebacker
Elite Member
Mofo has to have a grocery store freezer section of seafood and elk. Halibut, ling, salmon, shrimp, etc. He never brings me any when he comes to Omaha either.

Your forgetting about the tuna!

I just thawed out a pound of Elk breakfast sausage.

Since I just shut our happy place down for the dark/cold months I'll make a nice breakfast for the DW tomorrow morning.

Dont Swiftie @ me.

Last edited:

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I had my first and likely last archery hunt of the year tonight. I saw quite a few deer and passed a young 5x5 a few times. There was quite a bit of pre-rut activity. I watched multiple bucks work a scrape line and got a video of a young buck working a rub.

When I was walking out I did see this guy near the other stand I considered sitting in tonight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-141012.png
    Screenshot_20230904-141012.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231016-105301.png
    Screenshot_20231016-105301.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve been watching the 10 day forecast with horror. I don’t really own any hunting gear for 60 degrees!

You guys still seeing deer move?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve been watching the 10 day forecast with horror. I don’t really own any hunting gear for 60 degrees!

I’ll find out on Saturday. Definitely have to set up the new ground blind on the north end of the WMA. Gonna have some winds all weekend long out of the south. Not the spot I was hoping for.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ll find out on Saturday. Definitely have to set up the new ground blind on the north end of the WMA. Gonna have some winds all weekend long out of the south. Not the spot I was hoping for.
We are going to be screwed by the wind as well

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Had two different mature bucks on their feet yesterday at 11:28 & 11:48. Two different farms.
Other than that it’s been dead since it warmed up as far as trail cam activity goes.
Was hoping it’d be colder for rifle season. I really enjoy an excuse to have hot coffee and run my heater in the redneck blinds.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
@LoudHogRider actually the toughest part is it really limits my parents who are in their 70s. My dad is more active but mom hurt her calf so she can’t walk in very far.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Movement was going good and even seeing some chasing a week and a half ago, now they e really died down.

Hoping it stays warm through rifle season now and we might have a good growth year for once in Nebraska.

I took Thursday and Friday off to sit in a stand all day, my standards are going way down, I’m ready to start duck hunting

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
@BushAK My cams are showing good young bucks in daylight but that's about it. All of the mature deer are moving an hour or so before or after light.

Here's a young buck moving at 11:00 a.m. yesterday. 7 (1).jpeg

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Levi's and short sleeves, Clay. Ca'mon.
I was joking about this with a buddy. As a kid I just wore tennis shoes and a cheap orange fleece jacket that I would layer up. As an adult it's hard to fight the urge to get the perfect "technical" gear simply because you can afford it. The guy with the realtree camo from Wal-Mart has the potential to shoot a big buck just like the guy fully decked out in Sitka gear.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds