Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (4 Viewers)

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
The pictures and videos aren't great for comparison purposes, but if I had to guess I'd say yes.

Is it on the same farm? Do you have many bucks running around?

I’m hearing a lot of people complaining about buck numbers so far this year and I’m barely even showing any so far on my land that usually holds a ton. It’s odd but I’m hoping the cold snap kicks things into gear.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
The pictures and videos aren't great for comparison purposes, but if I had to guess I'd say yes.

Is it on the same farm? Do you have many bucks running around?

Used to have nice bucks up until about 2018/2019. Lots of coyotes and too many young deer were taken off this farm and surrounding areas which lead to a major decrease in deer population. 2020 and 2021 I only saw one buck. Last year this buck was spotted by farmer during harvest and I caught him on camera, but never saw him during rifle or muzzle loader. We've managed to cut deer taken down significantly. I'm the only one who hunted this section last year, previous year was the land owner (didn't shoot anything), myself (doe), and dad (nothing).

This year I have 3 different 1.5 to 2.5 year old bucks on camera (at same time), a fawn, this one in pictures, and another 2.5-3.5 year old.

Yellow deer is pic location of picture from last year, red deer is last night.
Red squares/arrows are heavy scraps and obvious deer path to finger that runs to pond on top of picture.
Yellow question marks no one hunts any longer and farmer doesn't really care/report deer sightings to us. Pretty much a safe haven.
Green area is where they feed and where 100% of deer we've taken over the last 5-6 years.
Arrows are known movement patterns to water and food.
Orange X and area no sightings of deer or signs of beds, trails, poop, it's lots of thickets and thorn trees.

1698172200326.png

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Need opinions. Is this the same deer? Top is last night, bottom a year ago. The more I look, the more I'm thinking they might be two different bucks

iu

In all candor, if I had to venture a guess, I'd say "same buck".

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Getting lots of activity on scrapes/mock scrapes the last few days. The Phase 4 is ready for its first taste of blood

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Getting lots of activity on scrapes/mock scrapes the last few days. The Phase 4 is ready for its first taste of blood
What’s your weather like? SE Nebraska has been a dead zone. Slight activity last night. Should change this weekend

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Somebody shot 22 Deer (mostly Bucks) out of firearm season in a county that borders @MtnHusker and a special prosecutor in that county hit the defendant with a $2,000 fine on each with $424.50 court costs applied on each… for a total of: $53,339.

The Prosecutor intentionally did not ask for Jail time so the shithead Defendant did not qualify for the Missouri public defender.

The defendant was faced with the dilemma of having to hire an attorney for 22 class A misdemeanors (and the average fee for that in the area would be ~$2k per) and run the risk of the State or Missouri instead asking for 1 year in jail on each count…. or to just pay the total fines and costs and not risk it.

The defendant plead guilty and paid 1/2 the total fines/costs today and has to pay the other half by 11/28/2023.

Due to the number of points on his license the Defendant’s hunting/fishing license was suspended and he will now never be eligible for a hunting or fishing license in the state of Missouri again.

Guilty Pleas are unappealable.

vince-mc-mahon-its-me.gif

Figured you boys would appreciate somebody out here saving the Buck hunts for actual Outdoor Boys (shoutout his YouTube channel my son loves it) and not allowing Poachers to be douche bags with no repercussions.

Last edited:

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Somebody shot 22 Deer (mostly Bucks) out of firearm season in a county that borders @MtnHusker and a special prosecutor in that county hit the defendant with a $2,000 fine on each with $424.50 court costs applied on each… for a total of: $53,339.

The Prosecutor intentionally did not ask for Jail time so the shithead Defendant did not qualify for the Missouri public defender.

The defendant was faced with the dilemma of having to hire an attorney for 22 class A misdemeanors (and the average fee for that in the area would be ~$2k per) and run the risk of the State or Missouri instead asking for 1 year in jail on each count…. or to just pay the total fines and costs and not risk it.

The defendant plead guilty and paid 1/2 the total fines/costs today and has to pay the other half by 11/28/2023.

Due to the number of points on his license the Defendant’s hunting/fishing license was suspended and he will now never be eligible for a hunting or fishing license in the state or Missouri again.

vince-mcmahon-it-was-me-austin.gif

Figured you boys would appreciate somebody out here saving the Buck hunts for actual Outdoor Boys (shoutout his YouTube channel my son loves it) and not allowing Poachers to be douche bags with no repercussions.
I don’t see the YouTube channel

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
My oldest son (almost 4) loves this channel

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@OutdoorBoys

1st video we watched that got my son (and wife) hooked on the channel and family

just some good wholesome content with a dorky family

Oh yeah they have a shit ton of followers. Pretty cool stuff they do.
I caught a poacher last year and that ended up on a large YouTube channel as well. Expose those worthless fuckers.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
What’s your weather like? SE Nebraska has been a dead zone. Slight activity last night. Should change this weekend
It was cool 10-13 weekend…50s. But has warmed my to Mid to upper 70s this week with rain and storms thru Thursday. Friday will be the same with light showers, but cools to mid 40s overnight, with a high in the mid 50s for the weekend, and cooling more into the early part of next week.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It was cool 10-13 weekend…50s. But has warmed my to Mid to upper 70s this week with rain and storms thru Thursday. Friday will be the same with light showers, but cools to mid 40s overnight, with a high in the mid 50s for the weekend, and cooling more into the early part of next week.
We’re trending the same way with highs in the 40s this weekend. Today was the last hot day and trending down. Ironically bucks have been scraping tonight since I sent you my first reply.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Due to the number of points on his license the Defendant’s hunting/fishing license was suspended and he will now never be eligible for a hunting or fishing license in the state of Missouri again.

vince-mc-mahon-its-me.gif

Asking for a friend, any chance that guy is selling some good Deer Sausage?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Asking for a friend, any chance that guy is selling some good Deer Sausage?

No idea but it would make sense if the Defendant owned a business or something because he had lots of cash and if the State brought me in to handle something this minor (literally all of my other cases are major felonies, almost entirely homicides) that means that the local prosecutors likely had some conflict. A local businessman would probably have some connection or donation history or held some rando public office locally that caused the need to bring in a Special.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
No idea but it would make sense if the Defendant owned a business or something because he had lots of cash and if the State brought me in to handle something this minor (literally all of my other cases are major felonies, almost entirely homicides) that means that the local prosecutors likely had some conflict. A local businessman would probably have some connection or donation history or held some rando public office locally that caused the need to bring in a Special.
Did his rifle or vehicle get confiscated?

Great story btw. In my experience, these type of people rarely change. They will poach and road hunt until they physically can't drag a deer. At that point they will mentor a kid and recruit them to help out.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Did his rifle or vehicle get confiscated?

Great story btw. In my experience, these type of people rarely change. They will poach and road hunt until they physically can't drag a deer. At that point they will mentor a kid and recruit them to help out.

nope he still has the guns he used

Not a felony and the guns were not seized for evidentiary reasons either.

Conservation Dept all over this guys ass tho so if he does anything again he will get caught with a quickness.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds