Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (3 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Thousands of these little shits in the streams near me. I’ve been going out a few times a week fishing for Coho salmon. Caught one that was easily 15 pounds, which might have been the biggest I’ve caught. Forgot to take a picture but I have a pink for your enjoyment:

Attachments

• EA0D2AFC-8BB9-46A9-BFF4-1339EFFB99BB.jpeg
    EA0D2AFC-8BB9-46A9-BFF4-1339EFFB99BB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Thousands of these little shits in the streams near me. I’ve been going out a few times a week fishing for Coho salmon. Caught one that was easily 15 pounds, which might have been the biggest I’ve caught. Forgot to take a picture but I have a pink for your enjoyment:

Man, those are beautiful

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
21 months old

A0056255-F460-4807-B6-F6-6060-A3386734.jpg

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm pumped to take my springer out grouse hunting this fall. Being from southeast Nebraska I've never done it but I imagine it's like training a bird for pheasants, quail, etc. I figure I'm probably done moose hunting for the foreseeable future as you seem to need some expensive toys where I'm moving. I'd like to do a black bear hunt in denali state park though.

Hell, I put in about 30 miles of walking in 4 days out at Halsey National forest scouting mulies and if I had my shotgun could of had a limit by 10am every day with Sharptails - if you’re every back down here that wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

I know that area gets pounded with bird hunters but the step I got 2 miles off the road they were everywhere

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Not far from you. Straight south of Lexington in Kansas. We went there last year right around this time and fish were practically jumping in the boat. Big crappies, wipers and some walleye mixed in.

Kirwin*

Man that place is an absolute gold mine when we get a cold winter and it actually freezes up well.

One of the best crappie lakes in the midwest

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Any one hunt Pawnee County? Got a new spot there and the locals say the Amish community doesn't abide by seasons and bag limits. The Amish have always been great to me, but it seems like every local blames them for the deer herd.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds