Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (5 Viewers)

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Fort Riley is so shitty.... they don't even have a golf course.

SMH
I was at Ft. Riley for a week while in HS ROTC. Nothing memorable about the fort except we got to shoot and qualify with just about every infantry weapon in the US Army at the time. M-1, M-1 Carbine, M-2 Carbine (full auto baby), M-14, B.A.R. (the Beast) and .30 Cal. Machine Gun. The target for the .30 Cal was only about 30 yards away but my takeaway was you don't fire a machine gun for accuracy, it's to let the enemy know you have one. Couldn't hit shit with it while qualifying with everything else. Good times.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
“Can I legally shoot this?” - text from my Dad with this pic

A9003971-8-C4-F-427-A-828-A-BD4-AED95-A073.jpg

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
“Can I legally shoot this?” - text from my Dad with this pic

A9003971-8-C4-F-427-A-828-A-BD4-AED95-A073.jpg
Not legal but he should.
looks like a heron. Had near a thousand nesting in trees at the old farm (rec farm) and it stunk of fish where they nested. They were constantly at the lake on the property feasting. Tried like he'll to get them out, but the conservation officer said doing anything would be a bad idea..

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Not legal but he should.
looks like a heron. Had near a thousand nesting in trees at the old farm (rec farm) and it stunk of fish where they nested. They were constantly at the lake on the property feasting. Tried like he'll to get them out, but the conservation officer said doing anything would be a bad idea..

If I asked myself "Can I legally do this?" and didn't do every no answer. I'd have had a lot less fun.

Also jealous of setup without even knowing what lake that is.

about 6 miles east-Northeast of Warsaw Missouri, so "legal" is sort of a nebulous concept

he is retiring in December and my parents are moving there full time, my Mom says he watches the live feed of the dock camera during church

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
about 6 miles east-Northeast of Warsaw Missouri, so "legal" is sort of a nebulous concept

he is retiring in December and my parents are moving there full time, my Mom says he watches the live feed of the dock camera during church
Awesome, and if he is in MO, I highly doubt there would be many repercussions… looks like a sweet setup there! The ‘ol lady and I have been looking for property in MO.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I find it pretty hard to take pictures of fish I catch because I’m fairly clumsy in fast water. This stream had a major flood and now it’s full of these log jams where trout and grayling are stacked up. It’s hard to get them out of the structure though.

I missed getting a picture of a lynx that walked by my car when I was changing out of waders.
3D291FEF-D214-4EF6-BB51-5C3F72CD6D8E.jpeg

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
this is Portage Glacier trail in Whittier Alaska. It was around 80 degrees yesterday. We did have a hairy moment with a big black bear for about 10 minutes that suddenly appeared 14 yards off trail.

Attachments

• 26B6BD37-A8B0-4104-B063-4B2E96DEA8FC.jpeg
    26B6BD37-A8B0-4104-B063-4B2E96DEA8FC.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 2726FF51-55F4-4976-9F8C-28EBA23D3658.jpeg
    2726FF51-55F4-4976-9F8C-28EBA23D3658.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
this is Portage Glacier trail in Whittier Alaska. It was around 80 degrees yesterday. We did have a hairy moment with a big black bear for about 10 minutes that suddenly appeared 14 yards off trail.
Have you seen the yearly videos of folks out on the ice when that guy calves?
Scares the crap out of me just watching?

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Anyone on here get their bows out and starting to get ready for deer season yet? I’ve already got the itch, about to start driving west and scouting out some Muley areas
Sadly I usually sling an arrow or two before the first hunt and then hit the trees. I do not recommend this tho. Always nice to catch a few nice summer nights to sling darts and drink a few beers.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Glen Elder used to be the site of the annual BushAK family vacation. We’d hire a guide for two days to go cat fishing over barrels of fermented soybeans. The lake is a lot of fun when the gar are spawning along the rocks.
Glen elder is a fun place to fish. A good friend of mine who frequents the lake and is an avid fisherman had his boat get swamped at the dock a couple weeks ago. He’s lucky as he barley even made it back in time to tie up.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds