Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (1 Viewer)

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Any one hunt Pawnee County? Got a new spot there and the locals say the Amish community doesn't abide by seasons and bag limits. The Amish have always been great to me, but it seems like every local blames them for the deer herd.

IMO every county everywhere has something just like this to blame deer populations on. Some places blame lions, some places blame EHD, some places blame wolves, some places blame shitty state regs, etc.

If the habitat looks good, you’ll find good mature deer. All those other factors just change how much wear you have to put on your boots to find them.

Go where the Amish won’t go

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
IMO every county everywhere has something just like this to blame deer populations on. Some places blame lions, some places blame EHD, some places blame wolves, some places blame shitty state regs, etc.

If the habitat looks good, you’ll find good mature deer. All those other factors just change how much wear you have to put on your boots to find them.

Good point. Is your spot close to a strip club @kyle23 ?

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member

I tend to agree with you. It feels like sour grapes from the locals. Local game wardens have said as much too. More or less curious if anyone had first hand experience.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
After stopping by the Medicine Creek SRA near @God is a Husker's neck-o-da-woods ...

D2D7FB0D-5791-44F1-BF5C-45646DB3AA08_1_105_c.jpeg

... Mrs. LHR and I continued on to spend a few days RE shopping in Westcliffe, CO. I'm in love with the Sangre de Christo mountain range, and pretty much insist on dying on or in front of those majestic peaks.

D8F34738-1145-4AEF-9E5E-BEAE996154A2_1_105_c.jpeg

^^^ Pano taken from a public park just west of the town. Incredibly friendly people there who actually welcomed outsiders (flatlanders) and offered to guide us around the area so we knew the in's and out's of living out there. All of them came from somewhere else and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. When was the last time you felt that way about where you live?

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
After stopping by the Medicine Creek SRA near @God is a Husker's neck-o-da-woods ...

View attachment 4928

... Mrs. LHR and I continued on to spend a few days RE shopping in Westcliffe, CO. I'm in love with the Sangre de Christo mountain range, and pretty much insist on dying on or in front of those majestic peaks.

View attachment 4929

^^^ Pano taken from a public park just west of the town. Incredibly friendly people there who actually welcomed outsiders (flatlanders) and offered to guide us around the area so we knew the in's and out's of living out there. All of them came from somewhere else and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. When was the last time you felt that way about where you live?

Look at those City boy plates, SMGDH

just kidding, but you should have stopped by and helped me dethatch my lawn,I was dying doing it in 95 degree heat

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
It may be code for butt sex. Keep your head on a swivel.
As long as I’m …
wLlYOCj1gBGBEFDwOuOvgfLT2JM.GIF

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
If anyone wasn’t aware. Mule deer hunting in the Sandhills with a bow is just really fucking hard (especially in October). It took me 3 days to find a bachelor group with 5 bucks, another 23 miles of walking the next 2 days I couldn’t find those bastards anywhere. Fuck I hate hunting Nebraska public land so bad. I can’t wait to get to Wyoming this weekend.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds