Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (4 Viewers)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was at Ft. Riley for a week while in HS ROTC. Nothing memorable about the fort except we got to shoot and qualify with just about every infantry weapon in the US Army at the time. M-1, M-1 Carbine, M-2 Carbine (full auto baby), M-14, B.A.R. (the Beast) and .30 Cal. Machine Gun. The target for the .30 Cal was only about 30 yards away but my takeaway was you don't fire a machine gun for accuracy, it's to let the enemy know you have one. Couldn't hit shit with it while qualifying with everything else. Good times.
Spray and pray baby! Send those freedom seeds down range!

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Glen elder is a fun place to fish. A good friend of mine who frequents the lake and is an avid fisherman had his boat get swamped at the dock a couple weeks ago. He’s lucky as he barley even made it back in time to tie up.

In the rare years it gets cold enough in Kansas to have good ice - that lake is absolute fire for crappie. And no one in Kansas knows how to ice fish so ‘usually’ you get the lake to yourself too.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
week hike
Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
heat index of 107 today (actual 101)

I almost died watering my plants, to be fair I have a lot of plants/big garden.

Backyard Farmer: Scotch bonnet peppers x5, Birdseye Chili x5, Banana Pepper x5, Thai Chili x5, Italian Basil x3, Thai Basil x2, Sunflowers x4, Jalapeno x2, habanero x2, Roma tomato x2, cherry tomato x2, Watermelon x2 and a Dill "bush"

Farmer_meme.jpg

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Just my normal annual plea for sandhill mule deer land connections.

If anyone knows an old farmer, or anyone with land with a healthy population of mule deer and are open to letting a couple bow hunters use it, my brother and I are happy to help with odd jobs/manual labor - he owns a tree service and can help out there too - and we will always leave land better than we found it. Send a message my way!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds