Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: What stupid things do you enjoy as you got older? (3 Viewers)

betsch

Safety
I will find a certain era of history and go deep on it. Read multiple books, watch every documentary I can find, and sometimes even travel to locations where that history transpired.

Currently nerding out on the Hittites.
Does it mention them worshiping Zoul from Ghostbusters?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett , going to need another reaction in light of this:

giphy.gif
Need this and that salty one @HuskerGarrett

Night Trying GIF

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I have a buddy who is basically a stay at home dad. Said he went to the park with his daughter and needs to “step his small talk game up” for the other parents at the park.

Shit if I take my kids to the park and there are people there I don’t want to stop.
Im only 32. I assume this just gets worst as one gets older.
I enjoy my alone time. That’s one reason I stay up until 3am most nights so I can have 3-4 hours alone without the ol lady.

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Nothing with yard work, smoking meat, or birds! That is called camping the old school way. As I'm typing this Wandale just was drafted and I lost train of thought!

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
This is one thing I love about smoking meat. I can smoke it for 8-12 hours and really basically do nothing other than prepping the meat. I still get credit from the wife for doing 8-12 hours of work because I have to "keep an eye" on the meat all day long.
This is a very underrated post. Pussy will continue to be undefeated but there are small victories to be had along the way if done correctly.

@betsch has identified one of those opportunities……..😎

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
I am the ultimate dork hobby guy. When I go into a hobby I'm all in. I've mostly been just fishing lately.

Old house was a 1/2 acre. I had over 1,000 hostas. Not including the ones I cross pollinated and grew from seed. Could pretty much name them all.

At one point I had about 30 fish tanks ranging from 10 gallons to 150. Almost entirely African cichlids and Australian rainbows. Would sell babies to fish stores for food and more tanks, fish, etc. Can tell you the scientific name of most aquarium fish.

Love Koi ponds but haven't put one in yet. Actually put African cichlids in my dads pond over the summer on occasion. I built the filter system on my dads pond too.
WTF? Did not see this? Smarter then I thought? Haha

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
The #1 Hobby we all share is being fanatical about a 3-9 college football team to the point that we are all on an internet 3.0 invite only message board and are posting about being really into Smoking meat, Gardening, Yard Work, Watching Baseball, Koi Fish, bird watching, etc.

Even Chappelle couldn’t come up with a “fucking White people” joke this perfect.

***Posted while I water my Basil and my 7 pepper plants I have inside until the nighttime lows are higher. (still getting high 20s low 30 degree nights out here)

I mostly grow peppers that we can’t easily get here in the States. I have 2 types of Scotch Bonnet peppers 2 kinds of African Birdseye/peri peri and 3 kinds of Indian pepper plants that my in laws use to make relish. All 7 plants are now 3 years old, I highly recommend overwintering peppers if you can because the harvests after year 1 are so much better. (Like all perennials) Also pepper plants are super easy to take care of in the winter, 1 grow light per and water only once a week, keep temp above 55 degrees.

Let’s form a Backyard Farm gang
@Jim14510 @Faux Sean Callahan @HCFord1 @MtnHusker

25m8Ddn-show-mezzanine16x9-loU74Np.jpg

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I also get into outdoor plants. 2 years ago I got on a Banana Tree kick. Found some Banana Trees that can survive the Ozarks Winters. Our season isn't long enough for them to produce edible fruit but they get to about 15 feet high and look cool. Originally bought about 20 but now have over 40 of them as they spread out. You plant a couple together and then they have pups that grow off of them to produce new plants.

Is that store in Osage beach a good place to get 1 or 2 trees?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What kind of fish food do you use and how often do you feed them?
Catfish Food. 50 lb bag I get from Orscheleans. Its a floating food (80%) so most of it sits on top of the water. I feed them every morning and every evening. They literally flock to me and follow me around when I walk out onto the dock. Makes me feel like the Pied Piper of the fishies.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is that store in Osage beach a good place to get 1 or 2 trees?
I bought 3 of them at Doctors on the Lake Nursery in Sunrise Beach. They were 3 feet high and about $75 each. My cheap ass didn't want to spend that much so I found some women selling the Pups for like $15/plant. I went overboard.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The #1 Hobby we all share is being fanatical about a 3-9 college football team to the point that we are all on an internet 3.0 invite only message board and are posting about being really into Smoking meat, Gardening, Yard Work, Watching Baseball, Koi Fish, bird watching, etc.

Even Chappelle couldn’t come up with a “fucking White people” joke this perfect.

***Posted while I water my Basil and my 7 pepper plants I have inside until the nighttime lows are higher. (still getting high 20s low 30 degree nights out here)

I mostly grow peppers that we can’t easily get here in the States. I have 2 types of Scotch Bonnet peppers 2 kinds of African Birdseye/peri peri and 3 kinds of Indian pepper plants that my in laws use to make relish. All 7 plants are now 3 years old, I highly recommend overwintering peppers if you can because the harvests after year 1 are so much better. (Like all perennials) Also pepper plants are super easy to take care of in the winter, 1 grow light per and water only once a week, keep temp above 55 degrees.

Let’s form a Backyard Farm gang
@Jim14510 @Faux Sean Callahan @HCFord1 @MtnHusker

25m8Ddn-show-mezzanine16x9-loU74Np.jpg
Interesting on the pepper plants. Do you leave in a pot in the summer or move back and forth between pot and ground?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds