Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: What stupid things do you enjoy as you got older? (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I probably over plant it if I'm being honest...

I have 3 4x6 beds.

1 will be peppers. Probably 28ish in that one.

1 will be the tomatoes. Gets crowded and probably over planted.

1 will be the rest of the peppers and usually a cucumber/zucchini plant
That's impressive.

I always overcrowd hostas. I used to really plan it out when I put beds in but then I'd plant more in the holes because they're not fully grown or it was spring and they hadn't fully spread out. Now I pretty much throw them whereever I can find a spot and worry about moving them around later.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
That's impressive.

I always overcrowd hostas. I used to really plan it out when I put beds in but then I'd plant more in the holes because they're not fully grown or it was spring and they hadn't fully spread out. Now I pretty much throw them whereever I can find a spot and worry about moving them around later.
Yeah I'm gonna put in a bed of hostas... It is one of 500 things I'm currently trying to get done around the house

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I'm gonna put in a bed of hostas... It is one of 500 things I'm currently trying to get done around the house
There's some really cool Japanese grasses. Mix those in. I like to mix some Iris randomly too. They don't bloom as well as full sun but the hostas kind of hide the plant so I don't really care how ugly the leaves get.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I loved fishing when I was a kid. Around the age of 15 I stopped doing it and rarely thought about it. I'm 38 now but somewhere around 32 or 33 it got in my head to start fishing again. I got really into it and go whenever I can. Which is hard to do with a 3 year old.

Around the same time I got back into fishing a got into disc golf. I don't play very often but I enjoy it. I'd rather fish than play disc golf though.

I also don't know if this counts but in the last few years I've started really enjoying Bob Seger's music.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Feeding the squirrels, bird watching, yard work, polishing off the old Land Rover on summer weekends for a spin.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
I loved fishing when I was a kid. Around the age of 15 I stopped doing it and rarely thought about it. I'm 38 now but somewhere around 32 or 33 it got in my head to start fishing again. I got really into it and go whenever I can. Which is hard to do with a 3 year old.

Around the same time I got back into fishing a got into disc golf. I don't play very often but I enjoy it. I'd rather fish than play disc golf though.

I also don't know if this counts but in the last few years I've started really enjoying Bob Seger's music.

It’s wild how much one starts to relate to Bob Seger’s music once they hit their mid-30s

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I really enjoy a well watered, freshly cut yard with straight lines edged or trimmed. Couldn’t say that 5 years ago

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds