Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: What stupid things do you enjoy as you got older? (1 Viewer)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
1. Birds around our house. We live in an area with a large bird population, Cardinals, House/Red Finches, American Goldfinches, Robins, and annoying Black Birds. We currently have a House Finch with 5 eggs and a Robin next with 3 eggs off our back deck/patio area. We have 2 male Cardinals and 1 female that are around our house pretty much year round.

2. Koi. During COVID 2020 shutdowns I decided to build a Koi pond in the backyard next to our fire pit. Nothing beats a nice spring evening around the fire pit, watching the Koi, listening to the birds and waterfall of the Koi pond with a glass of wine, stiff drink, or beer in my hand.

Man, when I type it out, I feel like such a gay dork.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I am the ultimate dork hobby guy. When I go into a hobby I'm all in. I've mostly been just fishing lately.

Old house was a 1/2 acre. I had over 1,000 hostas. Not including the ones I cross pollinated and grew from seed. Could pretty much name them all.

At one point I had about 30 fish tanks ranging from 10 gallons to 150. Almost entirely African cichlids and Australian rainbows. Would sell babies to fish stores for food and more tanks, fish, etc. Can tell you the scientific name of most aquarium fish.

Love Koi ponds but haven't put one in yet. Actually put African cichlids in my dads pond over the summer on occasion. I built the filter system on my dads pond too.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My Hummingbird Feeders. Those crazy little bastards are a blast to watch. They get all hopped up on sugar water and Dive Bomb each other, and us. Crazy fuckers will literally fly up to us while we are eating on the deck and hover about a foot in front of our faces.

I feed the fish around my dock. Have 50 lb bags of Catfish Food. Put out food every morning and in the evening. They come in hoards when I walk out there, sometimes over a 100 fish. Easily over a dozen catfish with some carp & turtles plus tons of sunfish. If the Zombie Apocalypse happens I'm gonna be fattening up on fish.

I also use to have a 55 gallon fish tank that I had Red Cherry Shrimp in. Got to the point where I had over 600 shrimp in there so I would sell them. Made a couple Pesos doing that. Might start up another one. They are fun to watch and when you put your hand in the tank they crawl up and down your hand and arm. I'd have Corey Catfish in there and sometimes they would ride around on them.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
My Hummingbird Feeders. Those crazy little bastards are a blast to watch. They get all hopped up on sugar water and Dive Bomb each other, and us. Crazy fuckers will literally fly up to us while we are eating on the deck and hover about a foot in front of our faces.

I feed the fish around my dock. Have 50 lb bags of Catfish Food. Put out food every morning and in the evening. They come in hoards when I walk out there, sometimes over a 100 fish. Easily over a dozen catfish with some carp & turtles plus tons of sunfish. If the Zombie Apocalypse happens I'm gonna be fattening up on fish.

I also use to have a 55 gallon fish tank that I had Red Cherry Shrimp in. Got to the point where I had over 600 shrimp in there so I would sell them. Made a couple Pesos doing that. Might start up another one. They are fun to watch and when you put your hand in the tank they crawl up and down your hand and arm. I'd have Corey Catfish in there and sometimes they would ride around on them.

post pics of the fish feeding

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Might be there in July. Pin location of your dock would be handy.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds