Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (2 Viewers)

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Old Lady No GIF by BrownSugarApp

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Everyone in this whole show summed up:

i want to die its kind of a funny story GIF

There were maybe 2 good episodes but it’s meaningless. All the paranormal bull shit for that ending? Also, if they had that evidence of what Tsalal was doing why would they still be protesting the mine?

Gotta love the female director ending it with all that girl power, too bad it was shitty. Also, that interview to end it circa season 1 pissed me off.

Started to think this had potential after episode 5 but nope. The mine and their threats literally didn’t show up at all in the finale.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
It’s bad. I can’t believe I ever defended this show. It got off of its rail and never found any pathing.

Too much bullshit about their personal demons; not enough detective work.

Shouldn’t have ever slapped the name True Detective on this show.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Somehow missed it that the guy at the beginning who shows rose where the bodies are was Rust Cohles father

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think I watched 3 episodes, definitely not watching the rest

Sounds like it became what I thought it was

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Just rewatched Season 1 this weekend. Think it’s my 4th rewatch now. Still plays.

Was my first time watching it with subtitles the whole time too. Game changer. Felt like even on my 4th time I noticed small details I’ve missed prior.

Recommend doing that than S4.

Rejoice. Death is not the end.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Shouldn’t have ever slapped the name True Detective on this show.
Interestingly enough, I just read an interview with the creator where she said she had been working on this story previously for a stand-alone show and then HBO met with her and asked if she’d be interested in doing the story as a True Detective installment. That certainly tracks as all the references to season 1 felt really forced and felt more like fan service than an actual integral part of the story/plot.

doublewing

Running Back
I did 1.5 episodes of this season and then bailed.

I won't be fooled into joining another True Detective season. They got a bunch of credit for season one and since then created one average season in season three and two terrible ones in two and four.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
The series checked all the right boxes in Hollywood:
- Climate-change
- White men suck
- Save the Indiginous people

Beyond that, it was a big cluster. So many loose and open storylines that had nothing to do with the main plot. I had hope a few episodes in, but when it started getting into the paranormal, they lost me.

Thinking back about the 4 seasons of TD, season 2 had a storyline that had so much potential with the Hollywood sex trafficking ring, but it only kind of scratched the surface. Obviously it's not going to full out itself. I think the political environment surrounding the entertainment industry has changed so much since season 1, with Epstein and Harvey Weinstin, etc...there's just a lot of topics they just aren't going to touch anymore.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds