Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Guys, it's bad. So bad.

I was laughing at dialogue like this gem....

"Stop where you are. Ennis police department. ......Fucker."

And at the end when the guy says "We're
all in the Night Country now" all that went through my head was Axl Rose "You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna diiiiiiieeeee".

I am now solely watching this show just to witness the catastrophe. Season 1 was a runaway hit that was followed by the giant turd of season 2. I told my wife they'll have to take few years off for people to forget that season 2 sucked so bad and ruined the brand. They did wait years until rolling out an ok season 3. They are gonna have to wait 4-5 years again to try to revive the brand after this debacle.

I bet HBO execs can't wait for HotD season 2 to get here quick.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I do hate when a show has everyone fall apart on the same night. I’ll keep watching but this isn’t great writing. Critics will love it because a women made it.
I agree with this. If there was one side story going on, I'd be okay. But everyone has something going on, it seems.

I hate going back to TD Season 1, but if you stamp the name on there, it's going to be associated no matter what. And that's unfair to this show.

Should have just called it Night Country or something from the beginning.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ep. 4 Synopsis: Navarro gets her teeth kicked out and Danvers has a shitty Christmas and blue balls.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ep. 4 Synopsis: Navarro gets her teeth kicked out and Danvers has a shitty Christmas and blue balls.
Quality use of the "spoiler" feature, amigo.

bitch slap GIF

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I didn't even think of those as spoilers but now that you mention it they're probably the highlights.
There’s only been two highlights of this season so far. Prior is a good young officer who you want on your team and Navarro’s all-in-one fuck buddy seems like a legit, cool guy.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
There’s only been two highlights of this season so far. Prior is a good young officer who you want on your team and Navarro’s all-in-one fuck buddy seems like a legit, cool guy.
I’m wondering who’s surviving the season.

Potential NGMI
Prior Jr - Archetype dies in LOD
Prior Sr - Not nefarious just an idiot who dies
Navarro - Seemingly unavoidable
Danvers’ Daughter - Anne Kowtok mirror

Huskers4420

Linebacker
How hard is it to create a unique 8ish episode script over a 4-5 year span about a murder mystery? They don't need to do call-backs to Season 1 just to appease fans. It's cheap tricks just like they tried to do on the Star Wars sequels. Our story sucks, but hey check out this Easter egg from A New Hope. It's so dumb.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
The story is fine, but I'm just not sure why it needed to be put under the true detective brand. Clearly doing a different thing.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
The story is fine, but I'm just not sure why it needed to be put under the true detective brand. Clearly doing a different thing.
I agree, but I'm also not buying the supernatural thing. I feel like they are gonna Scooby-Doo us.

"Wait, that's not a scary ghost. It's just the dirty business owner dressed up as one."

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I agree, but I'm also not buying the supernatural thing. I feel like they are gonna Scooby-Doo us.

"Wait, that's not a scary ghost. It's just the dirty business owner dressed up as one."
That would be super lame. I'm in the camp of thinking it's absolutely a spooky ghost story, which makes it all the more weird that it's been launched under the true detective brand AND tying back to S1. If you want to do a spooky Alaska ghost story, just do a spooky Alaska ghost story!

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That would be super lame. I'm in the camp of thinking it's absolutely a spooky ghost story, which makes it all the more weird that it's been launched under the true detective brand AND tying back to S1. If you want to do a spooky Alaska ghost story, just do a spooky Alaska ghost story!
I think it's a mental illness tale dressed up in a supernatural thriller.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I think it's a mental illness tale dressed up in a supernatural thriller.
I think HBO probably saw the success of something like Yellowjackets and decided to do their own spin on it. Some exec probably thought they would bulletproof it by drawing in an audience on the TD brand. Probably worked

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I think HBO probably saw the success of something like Yellowjackets and decided to do their own spin on it. Some exec probably thought they would bulletproof it by drawing in an audience on the TD brand. Probably worked
Have you seen Yellowjackets? Is it good?

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Episode 4 was a disaster but episode 5 was definitely better. The big shocking scene at the end was pretty absurd tho.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I agree the episode was better. They actually did some detective work, except it was offscreen with Prior.

And the ending was good.

His dad pretty much planned on suicide at that second by counting on the fact Prior would shoot him when he raised his gun. PoS.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
im enjoying this season... i took my own advice and rewatched S1 during the work week.

good god it is straight fire

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds