Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: True Detective: S4 Night Country (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Just watched it. I’m still enjoying it. I think the tie-ins to S1 are okay so far, but it’s going to be stretched here to explain the tattoo symbol.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Finished season 1: ELITE
gave up on season 2 a couple episodes in
Season 3 I didn't get into but finished it.

I really like season 4 so far. The frozen guy getting his arm snapped off and being alive was pretty unrealistic but whatever. I really enjoy the setting of this season it feels very immersive.

Last edited:

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Finished Episode 2. I’m into it so far and looking forward to remaining episodes. I’m with the consensus, Season 1 elite, Season 2 meh and Season 3 solid.

Side note on the sext scenes. Officer Navarro is built like a middle backer. Wonder if she had any eligibility left.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
The story line is pretty good so far but the acting is really bad. Trying to muscle through it. Going to have to rewatch season 1 again after starting this one up.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The story line is pretty good so far but the acting is really bad. Trying to muscle through it. Going to have to rewatch season 1 again after starting this one up.
I'm generally pretty critical of acting and haven't noticed any issues. Who don't you like?

To anyone referencing the bad acting.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm generally pretty critical of acting and haven't noticed any issues. Who don't you like?

To anyone referencing the bad acting.
This is probably a weird one but I feel like she’s (Danvers) forcing the tough girl voice. Like the beginning of episode 2 I noticed it quite a bit. In general I think it’s cool.

I also think the reason Jody is lesbo is that she sounded pretty manly when she was getting fake railed.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is probably a weird one but I feel like she’s (Danvers) forcing the tough girl voice. Like the beginning of episode 2 I noticed it quite a bit. In general I think it’s cool.

I also think the reason Jody is lesbo is that she sounded pretty manly when she was getting fake railed.
Maybe I'm not noticing Jody because I'm subconsciously giving her the benefit of the doubt from prior roles. Don't see it though.

So is it just her for you or others too?

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Maybe I'm not noticing Jody because I'm subconsciously giving her the benefit of the doubt from prior roles. Don't see it though.

I agree with him. Have been disappointed with her thus far.

Edit to add: some of the writing/dialogue might be the issue.

Last edited:

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

That's been my only complaint was the scene where they were trying to ID/Dig the bodies out and the cops were playing around.

Navarro was a former pro boxer and I don't think you can tell. The young detective has been good as well.

Based off the previews they are just scratching the surface of the eerie supernatural stuff so I am hoping it doesn't jump the shark and get too weird.
I am a fan so far though.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I'm still enjoying it so far. But it feels like they're really trying to fit a lot in a few episodes with subplots and everything. It really fears like they're doing a mix between Mare of Easttown (HBO Max), The Outsider (HBO Max), and True Detective (HBO Max) set in Alaska with themes about the local indigenous people with both of their environment and cultural conditions.

Before spoilers, I'm rating this season so far with the previous seasons of True Detective and the shows mentioned above:
1. TD Season 1
2. Mare of Easttown,
3. TD Season 4
4. TD Season 3
5. The Outsider
6. TD Season 2

It's gotta be the water supply contamination issues from the mine causing the stillborn, miscarries, and hallucination issues around the area, right? That's the reason why they're seeing these differen visions recently.

doublewing

Running Back
I was withholding judgement for a while but this season seems pretty bad thus far. I feel like I'm watching season two and deciding when to quit watching.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I can't seem to grasp the point of last night's episode. In a season with only 6 episodes, it did very little to advance the story.
Didn’t realize there were only 6 this season. Yeah I feel like more should have happened in episode 4

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Didn’t realize there were only 6 this season. Yeah I feel like more should have happened in episode 4
That was episode 3.

I think the episode did enough to fill in some of the holes.

I'm still thinking this is a hint better than Season 3 due to 3's ending. Now, if 4 fucks up the ending, then yeah, it drops below 3 for me.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Last night I didn't like that we are basically re-shooting scenes from season 1.

Season 1: Two police officers, not from that neighborhood, go to talk to someone who might know some details and are able to spark a memory that gets a negative reaction. (Old black lady "You know Carcosa?")

Season 4: Two police officers, not from that neighborhood, go talk to someone who might know some details and are able to spark a memory that gets a negative reaction. (Hostile native American Tsala engineer)

I realize that there isn't anything new under the sun and that old formulas work, but the cliche of two cops who don't get along but have to work together has been done soooooo many times. Then the mirror image scenes makes it seem even more lazy.

I liked the show until last night, but now I'm starting to lose interest.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds