Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Gun Purchase Recs (1 Viewer)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Building a AR15 pistol for my wife. 11.5" barrel, I'm going to put a vortex RED dot on it. Only thing I want to add is a drop in trigger. It's at the shop now to get a kerocote (sp) in a basic camo and then engraved. Engraving will all be stuff representative of her active military service. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out. Also bummed as I might knot have time to get my AR10 (for me) to this guy before he closes shop.

WA is loosing dealers, etc., in droves lately. Even businesses that make holsters, belts, etc., are all leaving this state.
Slightly off topic but I saw Washington is trying to ban fur and hair sales which would fuck over fly shops especially my favorite shop Spawn Fly Fish in Ilwaco.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Any guns a great gun imo. That being said m, anytime Im choosing a handgun I opt for no thumb safety switch.

IMG_4335.gif

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Any guns a great gun imo. That being said m, anytime Im choosing a handgun I opt for no thumb safety switch.

View attachment 34088
Agreed, except for the 1911 style pistols which are carried "cocked and locked". It would be beyond dangerous to carry those without a thumb safety properly engaged, IMO. And I have a fondness for those 1911's ...

052FFB9D-78E0-40A9-B34C-FDBAA0EE23A0_1_105_c.jpeg

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
A bit off topic, but didn't know if this merited it's own thread. Should responsible gun owners be stocking up rn? Looks like ammo prices have returned to something equating to near normalcy. Anyone seeing any great deals?

I always miss the boat when prices skyrocket and I need something. Heaven forbid there will be any other incidents to cause that.

https://ammopricesnow.com/

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
A bit off topic, but didn't know if this merited it's own thread. Should responsible gun owners be stocking up rn? Looks like ammo prices have returned to something equating to near normalcy. Anyone seeing any great deals?

I always miss the boat when prices skyrocket and I need something. Heaven forbid there will be any other incidents to cause that.

Since I got back into I've kept at least 1,000 rounds of 9mm for range on hand.

For range I've had extremely good luck with Blazer 9mm and have been buying 1,000 rounds for around $.25/.26 round off gunbroker.com after shipping and tax it's usually $290-300 for 1,000 rounds. No issues and I'm through about 1,500 rounds of it. It's been that price since mid-2022.

For AR range ammo I bought PMC which was $.45/round plus shipping and sales tax. The shipping is pretty steep on it.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Since I got back into I've kept at least 1,000 rounds of 9mm for range on hand.

For range I've had extremely good luck with Blazer 9mm and have been buying 1,000 rounds for around $.25/.26 round off gunbroker.com after shipping and tax it's usually $290-300 for 1,000 rounds. No issues and I'm through about 1,500 rounds of it. It's been that price since mid-2022.

For AR range ammo I bought PMC which was $.45/round plus shipping and sales tax. The shipping is pretty steep on it.
Check out Rogers Sporting Goods. They have free (and fast) shipping for all orders above $99.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

There are a number of reputable online ammunition retailers, which is wonderful as it widens our search vs. what we can find on the shelves locally. I have used these guys in the past, and subscribe to their daily newsletter for deals, ammo industry updates, etc. Family owned business out of OK.

One of the things that Sam has talked about the last month or so is a looming shortage of one of the ingredients used in the magical fire dust. Production has been impacted by the Russia/Ukraine war, and most of the available product is being steered towards military production vs. the civilian marketplace. Breakdown of a common cartridge for tPBers is shown below:

E8113255-36ED-4333-A753-FEFF2272CCA6_1_105_c.jpeg

If you can find it cheap, buy it and stack it deep.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
I gave you 69 likes not because of gheyness, but you saved me around $30-40 each time I ordered a case. Plus they have some discount codes I can use.

Thanks!
Sign up for their daily newsletter if you haven't. They have a 30% off deal today on Blazer 9mm. $13.99 for 50 rounds.

Toe

Wide Receiver
477d77c14078d09ce85f447f2f924e6a9c203ea4f15940cbe2843078734bb236_1.webp

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds