Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Gun Purchase Recs (4 Viewers)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Libs and limp wrists stay out.

Edit:
I ended up getting a Sig P365 xmacro and Holosun 507k ACSS Vulcan red dot, P320 xcompact, Springfield XDM 4.5 elite, Glock 45 and Vortex Viper red dot, and Daniel Defense M4 V9 and Sig Bravo 3 scope.

Looking at purchasing a few guns after selling off basically everything several years ago.

Hunting rifles and shotguns I'm good. Handguns all I have is a Springfield xd 9mm.

Last edited:

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
AR pistol

rap snoop GIF

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Libs and limp wrists stay out.

Looking at purchasing a few guns after selling off basically everything several years ago.

Hunting rifles and shotguns I'm good. Handguns all I have is a Springfield xd 9mm.

I'm looking at getting a .45 1911, a subcompact 9mm for wife (she used to have Glock 19), and an entry level AR. Possibly another full size 9mm for myself.

Suggestions for each? I did like the feel and weight of the Springfield 1911 Defender and Garrison, and Kimber Custom II.
Don’t buy a Glock. They are crap. Get a Sig 320X compact or a USP compact.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Over the last 3 years I have personally converted to all Sig Sauer handguns from Glock. Now, not pushing Sig here, but my advice to you would be to go to a place like ‘Bigshots’ in Lincoln and test a number of handguns and find the one that fits both your pocketbook and comfort. Many of the top brands put out excellent firearms. Fit and feel do vary. Invest the time and find the one that’s right for you.

For my carry or the sub for your wife, I would highly suggest you look at the Sig 365 standard or XL. Wonderful handguns.

Not a big 1911 guy at all for tactical purposes, but they are fun to shoot and look nice. The old legends never go away.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I like my kimber 1911. it’s an Eclipse Custom II.

Looks cool, feels great and I can shoot bad guys in the dark with my tritium target sights.

Been 8 years since I’ve sold guns so I’m sure the market has changed a ton but for sub compact I used to think the XDMs would be nice to have or the smith shield would be a good carry gun.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Been 8 years since I’ve sold guns so I’m sure the market has changed a ton but for sub compact I used to think the XDMs would be nice to have or the smith shield would be a good carry gun.

I love my xd9, I forgot, but aren't they practically the same gun except the xdm has dual magazine release and different grips?

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I love my xd9, I forgot, but aren't they practically the same gun except the xdm has dual magazine release and different grips?
I can hardly remember but I believe they made a sub compact which was just a shorter barrel and a shorter mag. A longer mag could be added with a grip extension for a full hand feel

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Gonna jump in. Alaska boys, what’s the best compact bear pistol? Got an archery elk hunt in heavy grizzly country in 2024.

gaines1016

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
for the subcompact/carry gun you may want to add the sprinfield hellcat pro to the list to check out along with the sig mentioned. Thing is small and you still get full grip (including pinky finger) with the standard magazine. Stock mag holds 15 rounds which I think is a round or two more than similar options.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds