Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit OL Rouse Commits (3 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
From Brian Christopherson on 247 - what a brilliant approach to use on a guy who has been completely focused on getting to the NFL the last two years

naturally folks are interested in what tipped the scales in Nebraska's favor.

It was a combination of things, but something worth noting is how diligent head coach Matt Rhule, O-line coach Donovan Raiola and Husker staff were in their review of his work at Stanford, with a comprehensive and honest look at what he still could improve to help get him to the next level.

When asked about Nebraska coaches breaking down his film with him, Rouse said, "They did that and more. They did something I hadn't seen in any other place. They gave me like a full NFL card sheet about all my plusses and minuses, and where I ranked on certain things on a scale of 1 to 10. And what games they watched. ... We also broke down some film and the type of technique he uses and how to work that in. I really appreciated that."

That Rhule just came to Nebraska after time being a head coach with the Carolina Panthers certainly was considered in Rouse's thoughts too.

"With this new coaching staff coming in, Coach Rhule coming in was definitely appealing – him being in the NFL," Rouse said. "And with the success that he's had in college, that definitely was intriguing and definitely one of the reasons why I wanted to come to Nebraska in the first place to check it out."

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Didn't Keith Williams start a game last season? Sure seems like Juan wants to try to stir the pot on any subject he can. Wish he didn't have CornHusker in his handle because he is highly embarrassing & cringy. Just not a good look for our program
You think thats bad, we havent started anyone Finnish on our offensive line since 2005.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds