Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit OL Rouse Commits (5 Viewers)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Late to the party…but

hell yeah GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The lowdown on Rouse's torn Labia, surgery, prognosis for return to practice, and the rationale for not going into the draft (despite be graded before injury as a late round pick) from the OWH

The Stanford transfer had long planned to turn to the NFL draft after the season.

Rouse (rhymes with house) committed to Nebraska on Wednesday, representing a major addition to an O-line undergoing a renovation under new coach Matt Rhule. He will immediately contend for the starting job at left tackle — he’s seen every snap there in his college career — and presumably allow NU to shuffle its own starting LTs from last year in returners Turner Corcoran and Teddy Prochazka.

The 6-foot-6, 318-pounder has been as durable and consistent as anyone across four seasons in the Pac-12 including 39 starts and nearly 90% of his team’s total offensive snaps at 2,552. He’s allowed quarterback pressures just 4.3% of the time in his career as a pass blocker and penalized on only 15 occasions, per Pro Football Focus.

Yet it resonated with Rouse when Nebraska coaches took him through a presentation breaking down his strengths and weaknesses. Position coach Donovan Raiola “went over the top,” Rouse said, supporting what he had heard about the 40-year-old former NFL assistant from mutual acquaintances.

“The coaches said, ‘We have all the answers to the test — now we just need to apply them,’” Rouse said. “Coach Raiola is a genuine person I feel can get me to the next level where I need to be.”

Rouse is capitalizing on his free pandemic year, something he never anticipated before entering the portal Dec. 16 amid a Cardinal coaching change. He considered going pro after his junior season in 2021. He was convinced the NFL would be his path as a fourth-year senior until a Labia injury in Stanford’s third game limited his effectiveness. The ailment grew worse late in November, forcing him to miss the finale and undergo surgery.

Scouts advised Rouse not to force his way through an all-star showcase and Pro Day testing.

“Because the season didn’t go the way I wanted it to and I know I’m better than a day-three guy or undrafted guy, I decided that going back and playing another year of playing college football and healing up would be the best thing for me,” Rouse said.

With a recovery timeline of 4-6 months, Nebraska is aware Rouse likely won’t be available for spring practices. Considering his extensive on-field experience, the lineman said it won’t be an obstacle in his personal development. He’ll take copious notes and mental reps, learn the playbook and form relationships with new coaches and teammates.

The biomechanical engineering major is coming off an All-Pac-12 honorable mention season in 2022. He was also a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy, known as the “Academic Heisman,” awarded to the player with the best combination of academics, community service and on-field play.

Rouse has yet to graduate from Stanford — he began taking the minimum academic requirements as he focused on the NFL, he said — but made clear to his suitors he will return to complete his Cardinal degree whenever his football career ends.

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Cockeye message boards are hearing we paid him 500k in nil...

Good to see we are playing big boy ball here.

Also saw this and made me think of Mazzacu

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member

The only retweet he had about his commitment. I can’t find a previous link between them so I can only imagine they met this weekend and thank her for her services.

I can’t be the only one imagining her face down, ass up while yelling that - “Yes, Yes, Yesss Walter.” 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds