Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Official Nebraska Vs Illinois GameDay Thread

Paper tiger

Satt - good game actually
Dylans a Frosh and it showed today. How bad would we be without him though? No running game at all. Lack lineman.

Buford and singleton exposed and out of position several times.

D Line is slow against quick pass or spread run. Better than last few years.

Fire foley

It’s 39 fucking yards. I won’t co-sign that being a bad decision. This wasn’t some 45+ - a 39 yarder should be confidently take. With a guy we were told was fighting for the lead kicking job
To be fair, fighting for the starting kicking job for us is like a couple paraplegics fighting over who’s going to be the first one to stand.

We got outplayed and manhandled in the 4th. Illinois was getting 5, 10, 15 yards per carry. For most of the first 3 qtrs our D couldn't stop the pass. D Line got exposed.

Our O Line shit the bed, especially in the 4th and OT. Dylan turned into the freshman that he is under the intense pressure (he's still really, really good).

Terrible special teams, no kicker yet again.

Sure, some bad calls/no calls hurt. But I'm not blaming the loss on that. Their DB made a great play to take away a TD from us. And Dylan missed that wide open pass for a sure TD before the muffed FG try. Rhule fucked up by trying for the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 2.

The curse is still alive. And we perpetuate it mostly. Shotgun is still pointed at our own feet. We shrunk when it mattered most.

Illinois is a better team, and yes, better coached. That's the final verdict at the end of the day.

Here is what I’m confused about. It wasn’t a catch, that was clear. But how do you then change it to an INT? You can’t see if the ball touched the ground. The ruling on the field was a touchdown, so you have to have indisputable evidence it was an INT and there wasn’t even close to enough.
Because it was obvious who came out with the ball and there was nothing to indicate it hit the ground.

Spare me with the “we need to be better” and “it’s on us” comments in the post game
Animated GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back