Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Game Thread Official Nebraska Vs Illinois GameDay Thread

It was a very Frost-ish loss.

Everything came together for them to blow it on the big stage: poor game management, mental mistakes and penalties, bad special teams and a defense that was worst of all. If they were better in any one of those aspects they win the game. The chef’s kiss was the OT where they got manhandled.

Rhule and staff are much better than that of which they replaced but last night they were almost a mirror image.
We weren’t much different last year outside of the defense playing better.

Us not having a kicker that can reliably put the kickoff through the end zone drives me crazy.
It’s mind bottling. Program that can barely field a team can find a guy that can kick it deep.

On the other hand, we are well position for the impending adoption of the dynamic kickoff rule.

Overall I didn’t think the officials were horrible, at least not like during the Colorado game. The call you mention above and the no call hit out of bounds during ot were my two issues with officiating. I do question Illinois only having three penalties.

My big takeaway with most of the calls was how undisciplined our defense played. We gave them cheap penalties that extended their drives. It reminded me of Frost’s teams. You get a reputation of a lot of penalties and officials focus on your team. I hope we can get this cleaned up.
Rhule can be very Pelini like with the refs too not as crazy as Bo but about everytime they showed him last night he was in an officials ear or exasperated about a call.

I've said it before but Rhule is like Pelini during games and practice but like Riley when it comes to the public or the media. Not a bad combination but you have to keep the Pelini side under control.

My favorite part of this is how they called it a first down without even measuring, then reviewed it after they'd already moved the ball and chains, and said it stands
Oh I forgot to mention the other part of this that was complete bullshit. Idk if they showed it on TV, but on the replay on the stadium screen, there were two refs that each came in to mark the spot on the down. One marked it just ahead of the first down marker, the other nearly a yard behind that (well behind the line to gain).

The one that marked it behind starts running in a straight line, with his hand up, correctly marking it behind the line to gain, then he sees where the other ref marked it (ahead of the line to gain) and changes his path to diagonal to line up with where that other ref spotted it.

Oh I forgot to mention the other part of this that was complete bullshit. Idk if they showed it on TV, but on the replay on the stadium screen, there were two refs that each came in to mark the spot on the down. One marked it just ahead of the first down marker, the other nearly a yard behind that (well behind the line to gain).

The one that marked it behind starts running in a straight line, with his hand up, correctly marking it behind the line to gain, then he sees where the other ref marked it (ahead of the line to gain) and changes his path to diagonal to line up with where that other ref spotted it.
I saw that. Our defenders heels were on the 1st down line. No way he fucking made it that far.

My thoughts during the game. Announcers didn’t say a word

This was so aggravating in person. They marked the ball about 6 inches or a foot short of the line to gain, then just decided it was a first down without measuring. There’s absolutely no excuse for not measuring that on 4th down.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back