Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (40-22)

Erstad & Gordon are both millionaires with access to people that don't donate to Nebraska. All 1890 has to do is accept their offer of involvement.
Why are they not? Just so weird to not let them help.

If Bolt is wanting a certain amount, has millionaires that played here willing to help to get that done, and our collective isn’t allowing it. It’s only a matter of time before we lose him too, not just Childress.

If Bolt is wanting a certain amount, has millionaires that played here willing to help to get that done, and our collective isn’t allowing it. It’s only a matter of time before we lose him too, not just Childress.
Hopefully it’s because of stuff like this that Matty D took a demotion so to speak. Basically not in touch with the fan base and not utilizing available assets such as Erstad and Gordon. Could it also be why Turd wasn’t really getting along with 1890 and wanted NIL in-house.

Ask 1890. And also ask why they require our student-athletes to sign exclusives with them, although they will - and have - allow them to do deals outside of their contract. But it has to be approved first.

I get the pecking order. $1M per year is a very small ask.

And for the record, I support 1890. Specifically baseball with monthly contributions.

1,500 contributors at $50/month (* 12) is $900,000 per year. I find it very hard to believe that can't be raised by the general public alone.

Ask 1890. And also ask why they require our student-athletes to sign exclusives with them, although they will - and have - allow them to do deals outside of their contract. But it has to be approved first.

I get the pecking order. $1M per year is a very small ask.

And for the record, I support 1890. Specifically baseball with monthly contributions.

1,500 contributors at $50/month (* 12) is $900,000 per year. I find it very hard to believe that can't be raised by the general public alone.
Ya, I have no idea. We were on a football conversation and he unsolicited said "I just wish more high donors wanted to give to baseball, we have a really tough time there." Almost seems political if they have some former players wanting to donate, but not taking it from them?

1 million per year shouldn't be difficult. But i'm getting the feeling that our football NIL is in the 5-7 million range, basketball probably 2 million, so I wonder why you can't just get 1 million for baseball. But there's a lot of stuff I don't understand about baseball. I always felt we could almost make baseball a profitable sport like volleyball is for us (unlike most the rest of the country) if we commercialized it a bit more. Had more suites since we are in the northern part of the country, but then got into a rabbit hole discussion about how it's not just Nebraska's field and we share it.

I do know this... 300k for a transfer in football that is going to help has happened. Raiola is 7 figures. I get it's a different sport, the moneymaker. But shouldn't be difficult for Bolt. Especially if you get a talented arm to throw against guys that aren't SEC/ACC type players and really make a name for himself. Kind of like Sears.

Hopefully it’s because of stuff like this that Matty D took a demotion so to speak. Basically not in touch with the fan base and not utilizing available assets such as Erstad and Gordon. Could it also be why Turd wasn’t really getting along with 1890 and wanted NIL in-house.
While I wouldn't say he took a demotion because I actually think he's getting paid more now, he certainly is in a less high profile role IMO. But I do think there are some politics involved which is why Turd was struggling with the 1890 thing. If 1890 isn't taking money from the guys mentioned then there's absolutely something shitty going on. I mean imagine if it got out that Suh was wanting to give to our collective but was being told "no" and we were losing portal guys due to NIL to places like Cockeye?

@ShortSideOption first off, thank you for responding. The below isn't an attack on you so I hope you take it for how it's meant...

I think it's straight bullshit 1890 claims there isn't interest in Husker baseball. For them to say that tells me all I need to know of their actual interest in raising funds for the baseball program. Jerk off their buddies and fuck a sport they're not tied to.

If you can, ask them why they haven't called former NU players, either retired from ball or currently playing professionally...

Gordon - made over $125M.
Erstad - made close to $50M.
Watson - made close to $30M.
Duensing - made close to $18M.

Bummer - $5.5M salary*, with options
Meyers - $770K salary
Waldron - $740K salary
*I believe Bummer has made over $25M.

And the above doesnt include former players that didn't make anything playing ball but have done very well for themselves outside of baseball.

Schwellenbach - $1M signing bonus, paid.
Povich - $500K signing bonus, paid.

Matthews - $2.5M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Anderson - $1.4M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Olson - $460K signing bonus, 33% paid.

I don't care if the 5 recent guys drafted with Bolt as Head Coach say no. CALL THEM! Fly them in, in the off-season. It's not a short term deal here, build the fucking relationship so if 1 of them break thru you can lean on them.

We have a former NU player living in Lincoln, and he never played after college. His net worth is around $15M. Nobody, from the Athletic Department or NIL, has ever called him for a single penny. And he's pretty well known. Not for football, not for basketball, not for baseball - not for a single thing. And he's a huge Husker fan, of all sports.

Gosh damn this is so maddening.

Could it also be why Turd wasn’t really getting along with 1890 and wanted NIL in-house.

Turd knew it would become University controlled and he was preparing for it. I'll give him credit for seeing what the near future holds. And now it's here.

I have it on really good authority, from all sides of the table, that the "Turd & 1890 disconnect" has 5% validity to it.

@ShortSideOption first off, thank you for responding. The below isn't an attack on you so I hope you take it for how it's meant...

I think it's straight bullshit 1890 claims there isn't interest in Husker baseball. For them to say that tells me all I need to know of their actual interest in raising funds for the baseball program. Jerk off their buddies and fuck a sport they're not tied to.

If you can, ask them why they haven't called former NU players, either retired from ball or currently playing professionally...

Gordon - made over $125M.
Erstad - made close to $50M.
Watson - made close to $30M.
Duensing - made close to $18M.

Bummer - $5.5M salary*, with options
Meyers - $770K salary
Waldron - $740K salary
*I believe Bummer has made over $25M.

And the above doesnt include former players that didn't make anything playing ball but have done very well for themselves outside of baseball.

Schwellenbach - $1M signing bonus, paid.
Povich - $500K signing bonus, paid.

Matthews - $2.5M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Anderson - $1.4M signing bonus, 33% paid.
Olson - $460K signing bonus, 33% paid.

I don't care if the 5 recent guys drafted with Bolt as Head Coach say no. CALL THEM! Fly them in, in the off-season. It's not a short term deal here, build the fucking relationship so if 1 of them break thru you can lean on them.

We have a former NU player living in Lincoln, and he never played after college. His net worth is around $15M. Nobody, from the Athletic Department or NIL, has ever called him for a single penny. And he's pretty well known. Not for football, not for basketball, not for baseball - not for a single thing. And he's a huge Husker fan, of all sports.

Gosh damn this is so maddening.
Don’t forget Joba

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back